Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D Single Exhaust

lexmkrich

Hey there, have been looking at changing the exhaust on my 220d.

I am not to fussed about the twin exhaust mod, although I am yet to see something effective in the way of a single exhaust for the 220d.

Can anyone post some pictures up possibly?

Thanks, Richie

I'm also interested in this, I think the single pointing down exhaust really let's the IS220 down, I've been thinking of changing the backbox to one that has a chrome oval muffler tip that points outwards instead of down. I'd like to hear what anyone else thinks of this.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking for this too. there was a post previously but the pics are gone

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/51758-custom-make-exhaust-on-is220d/

found this on google

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFJCpoNr52SLFmelHhfFlOWwnMqVyV-tlap9HxLFHvQbMecOKA

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2nBCKSqhqO2V1k75nWhLdKPkqNlIaKDHh2DLr6JoE93haeBTf

think the only way to go for me is a custom powerflow exhaust or backbox. havent found many decent garages around n.ireland :(

• 2 months later...

I have done a custom twin exhaust on one side, looks great and sounds even better, especially when you give it the beans ;) I would attach a photo but I cant figure out how to do so,

just go on my profile, I will make it my profile photo, ;P

• 11 months later...

i want to do mine too, was going to go custom as its easier and usually cheaper, i think it would look awesome I'm gonna keep single pipe as i think it'd look better and won't look like you're trying to pretend its a 250 or ISF haha. Looking at the back box as standard from the back of the car, the exhaust pipe goes into the box on the left side (towards the middle of the car) and the box is quite wide and exits at the right corner of the bumper. I'm thinking with a straight through system from the DPF, and a 3 inch exit you'd get a natural JDM tilt on the exhaust hopefully! Would look awesome id love to see if it can be done.

The raspiness is a lot more prominent than it sounds. Definitely makes it more responsive. However I am getting a bit more smoke than usual when the car dumps fuel.

It cost £400 custom made Google the top gear website for the uk there country wide. I'm sure it's long life one. Got a lifetime guarantee. It's got one small silencer after the dpf then straight pipe to the end I'll find a photo.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links