Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Are Ls 460 Or 600H Owners

I find it very curious that there are very few , if any , posts by owners of these cars!( LS460 or LS600h )

What does that mean? Does anyone own them? Or is there nothing to be shared about them whether good or bad!

Very strange! And absolutely no help to those aspiring to upgrade ,

Perhaps they have taken heed of all the advice given by the LS400 owners not mention the good news, in case others want to join in?!!.....

Are we being kept in the dark? Come on ...tell us

Shiner

The main reason for the lack of owners on this site is the quantity of cars produced.There are thousands of ls 400s and 430s about as they have been around collectivley and in production for 25 years the ls460 as been around 8yrs and the 600 7 yrs The 600 was a flop and in comparison the numbers sold were very small. The 460 is still probably finding its way down from the coperate zone were the owners were companies and the lease users who are not owners .

We have at least one LS600h owner :)

There appears to be more owners on the US site so could be useful for further information.

Must admit having driven one I would love one but still beyond my grasp.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/forum/91-07-13-lexus-ls460-ls460l-ls600h/

Michael

Thanks for wanting to share your experience....I want to know what the owners think of these cars by way of the driving experience..whether they have encountered troubles like those of us who own LS430..or they are a joy to own and reliable!...

would you recommend them?

Thanks.

shiner

Hello shiner I am the owner of 2007 ls 460 silver with 29k. There are a lot's of toy's enough to keep anybody happy,the ride is exquisite (i'm sure the 400 and 430 boy's will disagree)the engine and gearbox are phenomenal. The downside's are 17mpg around town and £500 a year road tax but I find this a small price to pay for alot of car

Hello shiner I am the owner of 2007 ls 460 silver with 29k. There are a lot's of toy's enough to keep anybody happy,the ride is exquisite (i'm sure the 400 and 430 boy's will disagree)the engine and gearbox are phenomenal. The downside's are 17mpg around town and £500 a year road tax but I find this a small price to pay for alot of car

What a magnificent and majestic looking animal that is in your avatar.

Hello Simon

Thanks. As and when you are ready to part with yours let me know...I might have saved enough by then to be able to afford it.

For me 17mpg is not a big issue as I only drive around 3000miles per year and it would be my second car for sheer pleasure!

For the rest of the time I usually run around in Toyota Yaris...which is not great but very handy for the short journeys.

Yes and I agree what a magnificent animal!

Shiner

Well, the only things I can complain about with the 600h are:

Tiny boot.

There are better satnavs around.

The wooden steering wheel looks good but is hard and slippery, I've had to put a naff looking cover on it.

This is my second 600h. The first was the long wheel base model, I now have the short WB and much prefer it, although it has fewer toys, such as rear 'Ottoman Massage Chair' and drop down DVD screen in the roof, it just seems more agile and easier to park. I would encourage anyone to test drive both, if you can find the rarer SWB.

Another thing worth having is 'Follow On' cruise control. With this you set it to follow the car in front when static in roadworks etc, and it moves off and stops with the car in front. I have 'Adaptive' CC which is great, but not as good, It takes a little time to trust it to brake by itself, but I use it all the time now on Mways without concern, I just pick a car going the speed I want, 70 say, set the CC to 80 and let the driver in front do the accelerating and breaking. If I had 'Lane Assist' I would be able to read the paper. (joking)

I get 34 MPG on Mways or normal roads, so no complaints from a 5L V8.

The fastest I've been in it is 130 mph on the autobahn. At that speed the engine was unstressed and humming like a sewing machine, and the car felt totally stable and safe.

• Like 1

That's very interesting Michael.

They are still well beyond my means...but one day! I like the idea of follow on cruise control and let the driver in front do all the hard work! Cunning!

Shiner

I've just bought my second LS460. A 2007 model SE-L with the heated steering wheel. There are a few issues which I need to see the dealer about - may be expensive to fix, but hopefully not too bad.

The heater fans don't seem to come on at all, although the cabin does heat up and cool down. Probably a relay as I've checked the 10A fuses and they are fine.

I'm getting a Check PCS warning light when it gets dark - from reading other forum posts, it may be a problem with the HID bulbs going. Will know more tomorrow when I see the main dealer.

• 1 month later...

Hello folks,

Jumping in a bit late here and apologies for that. My only negative point on my 600h is the small boot but it is a small price to pay for all the pluses, unlike on the GS450h I once had for a week before I realised my error and returned it to get back into the RX400h I had traded in. I did not get on with the stiff suspension on the 450h on our rough roads. The 600h is super smooth, like the 430 and 460. Quite frankly I would be happy with any of these cars.

I do not find parking an issue, partly because I tend to be picky on where I park anyway but I have been in fairly tight car parks - Bentalls Centre Kingston, for example, and it was a breeze. The lack of anti roll bars on the 600h L might be a problem for those who like to test bends at high speed. For me, I like long drives on the continent and the car is perfect for that. I can get up 4am Saturday morning, drive to Follkwstone to get on the 6:20am train to Calais and then run the car in Brussels for 10am and get back Sunday evening and Feel as if I spent the weekend at home on Monday morning . Driving to Rome or Nice is not a bother in this car. (We won't talk about the petrol bills but 32MPG is pretty good in a 5 litre V8)

I love the RX400h too and is equally impressive in different ways.

I am biased though, I just like Lexus, especially the service excellence the dealers provide. I do have a very soft spot for the Mercedes S class and CL too but the dealers really ruin that experience as do the reliability of Mercs compared to Lexus.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hello

Just to inform LS 600 pre-2010 owners that it is possible to get LKA to work on these ...if they have Pre-Collision System with Driver Attention Monitor ...

I have now a fully working LKA (Lane Keep Assist With Lane Departure Warning) on my 2008 LS 600hL :)

Link:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls460-ls460l-and-ls600h/734637-what-is-unusual-with-this-steering-wheel.html

Regards

Arvid

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well, the only things I can complain about with the 600h are:

Tiny boot.

There are better satnavs around.

The wooden steering wheel looks good but is hard and slippery, I've had to put a naff looking cover on it.

This is my second 600h. The first was the long wheel base model, I now have the short WB and much prefer it, although it has fewer toys, such as rear 'Ottoman Massage Chair' and drop down DVD screen in the roof, it just seems more agile and easier to park. I would encourage anyone to test drive both, if you can find the rarer SWB.

Another thing worth having is 'Follow On' cruise control. With this you set it to follow the car in front when static in roadworks etc, and it moves off and stops with the car in front. I have 'Adaptive' CC which is great, but not as good, It takes a little time to trust it to brake by itself, but I use it all the time now on Mways without concern, I just pick a car going the speed I want, 70 say, set the CC to 80 and let the driver in front do the accelerating and breaking. If I had 'Lane Assist' I would be able to read the paper. (joking)

...and why don't You get Lane Keep Assist (LKA) ?? .....If You have Advanced Pre-Collision System (APCS) with Driver Attention Monitor ??

It's doable then..I have done it on my 2008 LS600hL :

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-present/734637-what-is-unusual-with-this-steering-wheel.html

Instuctions on which part to get and it's quite a simple job :-)

Regards

Arvid

I get 34 MPG on Mways or normal roads, so no complaints from a 5L V8.

The fastest I've been in it is 130 mph on the autobahn. At that speed the engine was unstressed and humming like a sewing machine, and the car felt totally stable and safe.

................ can someone please perform the " miracle " of ascertaining just how many Ls460s and Ls600s there are on UK roads ............. then we can judge if there should be more owners on this forum !

Malc

I've got a 2007 LS460 which I've owned for almost 2 years: it has 50,000 miles on it. Previous to that, I enjoyed a '94 LS400 for 15 years. I chose the 460 instead of the 600 because I intend to keep the car for a long time and I don't trust the hybrid system to be completely trouble-free, and Battery replacement can be pretty pricey.

So far, I've had absolutely no problems and am averaging 31 mpg overall. As someone has said, there are lots of goodies to keep the driver amused but I wouldn't say that it's way better than the 400..........it is just the natural development of the brand.

I live in Holland and do most of my driving on the Continent. However, I'm coming across to Scotland next Sunday for 2 months. So, if any of you see a silver 460 with Dutch plates, in the Ayrshire, Glasgow, Loch Lomond area - come and say hello :)

• Like 2

................ can someone please perform the " miracle " of ascertaining just how many Ls460s and Ls600s there are on UK roads ............. then we can judge if there should be more owners on this forum !

Malc

you can look on:

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk

sometimes a vehicle is categorised more than once so you need to add all the figures together.

In terms of official figures the LS sold 584 in 2007, which was a good year, and only 20 in 2012. No breakdown of the different grades though:

http://media.toyota.co.uk/wp-content/files_mf/1436885430LexusUKYearBookbymodel9015.pdf

Blimey, there's tousands and tousands of 'em !

BUT only a very few thousands though over the whole lifetime of manufacture

Maybe that's why there's so few LOC members with them, they are comparatively rare and exclusive.

Malc

I've a silver 09 LS600hl with 30,647mls had it just over a year.... And as yet haven't seen another one on the road (remembering I'm a long distance lorry driver and like a dirty whore I get about a bit hahaha) and have yet to clap my eyes on another 600.... Only ever seen 3-4 460s going around as well .......(one of the 460s I seen is my bosses lol 14plate....

I upgraded from a 2006 GS450h to a 2008 LS600h L a few weeks ago and so far it's a decision I have not regretted at all. The car is definitely in a different league to the GS - no creaks and groans from the interior and the ride is extremley smooth. Being used to the tiny boot in the GS the extra space is welcome but I will only really need it when I go to Brittany next month and stock on some reasonably priced wines.

The toys in the rear are a bit wasted but do add to the "bling factor", and I do have to think ahead when choosing where to park. There are very few of these cars in Ireland (less than 10, I think), but a chap down the road from me has also imported one from the UK recently.

Arvid, the videos on fitting the LKA switch no longer work. Where did you get the switch from, and how do you remove the switch from the steering wheel? The presence of the airbag would cause me some concern if I have to dismantle the steering wheel!

Hi sota,, no need to touch the airbag.. when You remove it just handle it carefully...the work to install the LKA takes a total of 15 minutes.....send me a private message here with Your e-mail and I will send you instructions... I have made my u-tube video public now..sorry for not noticing that was not done....:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-present/734637-what-is-unusual-with-this-steering-wheel.html

Regards

Arvid