Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is300

Hardly use m mode, always just stick it in D and go.

This is exactly why I've been tempted to swap mine out in the past for a 300. I love the notchy, tight, precise, manual box in my 200, but I'm lazy :D

• 3 weeks later...

It's a fantastic looking car Chris, the 300 is destined to become a classic in the not too distant future, the shape and lines are mouth watering. I love the stereo with all those functions and I would be very tempted to put exactly the same bit of kit in my own IS300 but sadly it has to go to make way for my new car which arrives at the end of the month. My wife says she has to go (the car Lexus that is!). As for the economy, I never expected anything out of this world when I purchased it, I just enjoy the extra power that's on tap whenever it is needed, so smooth and quiet. In all the years i have owned it can you believe I have never used the sport mode on the autobox or the manual option with the buttons on the steering wheel, I think they have a technical name for it......

Anyway Chris I hope you get as much enjoyment out of your 300 as I have had

Ian

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I like your enjoying your 300 but surprised you struggled with the mpg on your old/my new 200 - I managed 450 miles to a tank, admittedly it was nearly all motorway miles at a steady 70/75mph (which is really hard to stick to all the time) but it can be done, the round town mpg is crippling though :( - have you sorted the 02 sensor problem yet?

I achieved 425 miles from a tank once in your car Dave... All motorway except for maybe 20 miles. Normal for me was 300-350 miles from a tank.

The 300 is really thirsty, best I've achieved is 320 all motorway! Normally getting about 220-250 miles from a tank but my commute is 11 miles of start/stop traffic with 3 miles of dual carriageway.

I think I've cracked the 02 sensor problem with the help of my mate, his garage and his very very expensive diagnostic tool.

Basically, my obd2 code reader and software were telling me the B2S2 was working properly. When we plugged my car into my mates diagnostic machine it showed B1S2 was jumping quicker between the voltages than B2S2. Straight away my mate said B2S2 is sluggish and sticking low voltage for too long.

So I've replaced the sensor with my mates B2S2 from his 300. When we came to replace it we hooked it up to see what the sensors were doing in real time. By now my B2S2 was showing 0.0v so it had completely died. Going to run my car with my mates sensor in it for a few weeks now to see if the po156 code comes back. If it does and the sensor is dead then I fear something is killing the sensors such a un burnt fuel but for now we are 250 miles in, I've noticed the mpg is better and most importantly NO EML , so fingers crossed :)

Hi Chris,

Great car and you seem to be enjoying yourself. Life is to short to worry about mpg, although that is easier said than done when you are waiting on your wages.

As everyone else has mentioned you seem to have got a bargain and hopefully it will run trouble free for a long time.

Bobby

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links