Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reversing alarm!

PLEASE PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME ON A LITTLE PROBLEM???

MY IS200 SPORT HAS THIS ANOYING REVERSING ALARM AND I ASKED MY DEALER TO TURN IT OFF OR DISCONECT IT AND THEY SAID THEY COULDN'T DUE TO LEGAL REASONS, LIKE IF I PUT THE CAR INTO REVERS AT TRAFFIC LIGHTS AND SMASH THE CAR AND SOMEONE ELSES UP, MY INURANCE COMPANY WON'T PAY OUT WHEN THEY DO THE INSPECTION AND FIND THAT ITS BEEN DISCONECTED!!

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD SOMETHING AS SILLY AS THAT?

SO....CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS A FUSE THAT I COULD TAKE OUT OR WHERE THE BUZZER IS....HOWEVER I DON'T WANT TO DISCONECT THE REVERSING LIGHTS!

MANY THANKS........:)

I too thought it was annoying when I first got the car - then I realised 'it' isn't annoying - all the people who comment about the car being a truck and laughing thinking they are the first to say it.... they are annoying!

The first time you go from reverse into 1st gear quickly, and then hear the beeping to tell you that you have just slipped it back into reverse - you will be glad of that beeper........ if you change gears swiftly, you will be surprised how often you can get reverse instead of first!

Hi folks,

in germany there is no such legal regulation. The new merc c-class also does not have that sound, as welll as the Passat TDI PD. But well they also do not feature a very closely shiftable gear box like our lex. However, my dealer said that he could turn that off but as all the others posts are already telling me that sometime you are happy to have that noise. Besides, if someone else is driving that car who is not familar with six gears you are happy that it makes that noise

cheers

Mike

Originally posted by superchargedIS200

dont know about the legallity of it ,but i know from experience that having that buzzer there could save you a re-spray at some point.......;)

Having the bleeper on could stop you having a costly repair

It's quite easy when selecting 1st in a hurry to select reverse by mistake !

The bleeper can warn you before you let the clutch out

i asked about having mine disconnected and the answer was" yes no probs it takes about 15 mins"so i suggest if u want it disconnected go to another dealer - the buzzer is behind the dash console alsoso u could find it urself and then disconnect it.

:DThanxs for the advice people......Thinking about it, your all right that some day it could save me from reversing into another car or a brick wall! I was suprised of the quick response from all of you and i would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the tips and help.:D

Think i'll leave the buzzer where it is and concentrate on getting my sound system installed so i can crank up my music and not notice the beeping at all......! :lol:

Cheers again