Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2005 Lexus Gs300

volvo2lexus

Hi all. I'm new to this part of the forum but not new to Lexus (I've had a 2001 GS300 sport and an LS400).

Yesterday I picked up a 2005 GS300 which I bought privately and it has a Lexus warranty until next March. But today I had the dreaded check VSC light come on. It was fine driving back yesterday (about 170 miles) no issues whatsoever. The only thing I did was fill the tank up before I left - (it was showing a 30 mile range). So drove back home - all fine and then started the car earlier today and the light came on.

Did some detective work here and on the web and one potential issue is the petrol cap. I undid it and re- tightened it until it clicked to no avail. I then took the car for a short drive, came back, switched off, switched on again and still the same. I then undid the petrol cap again, tightened it fully again and switched on again and now it's cleared.

I'm going to get Lexus to check it anyway. The passenger side sidelight bulb is out. Even that doesn't look like a straight forward job to replace.

Any opinions on the above and what the problem may have been/could be?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...