Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sony-ericsson P800

Fidgits

Having had one of these for about a week, and it had been discussed on here before so I thought I'd do a little review..

Okay, 2 min summary: More of a full function PDA with mobile phone capability than a mobile phone with extras...

CWS31_7773_28_0_1015.jpg

Okay, feature list:

Integrated Camera, image viewer and photo gallery

Streaming video and video player for downloaded clips

MP3 player and polyphonic ring tones

MMS, text + pics and sound, e-mail with attachements and viewers

WAP and cHTML browsing

12Mb internal memory plus 16Mb on a memory stick (included)

Contacts with photos, calender and full PC synch

Bluetooth, infrared and USB

pJava and java CLDC/MIDP for addtional applications

I could spend ages explaining the features of this phone, and what it can do... basically, it can synch with your PC, you can upload apps and games (like Men in Black 2). It has a 'flip' keypad, which hides a full length colour touch screen..

The only problem is... if you want to call someone from your phone book, it'll take 2 mins to get through the menu system! (you have to select phone mode, then contacts, then contact list.. then you can call them)...

You will need to spend a week with the instruction manual next to the phone to use it properly..

It's a great peice of kit, dont get me wrong, but it is bulky (117 x 59 x 27 mm) not too heavy (158 g) and if you carry a PDA everywhere with you, then it is a perfect alternative..

I prefer the simplicity and configurability of the Nokia 7250...

Really, it's horses for courses..

I prefer the simplicity and configurability of the Nokia 7250...

I have been leaning this way for a while.

having chased the all singing all dancing phones for ages - all I look for now is one that makes phone calls, and has Bluetooth / GPRS for mobile internet access.

have had phones with WAP, email, internet etc - and never used it.

GPRS and Bluetooth for internet access on iPAQ and laptop is a must though

I have got P800 as well, and personally think it is a good phone (bit bulky) but that is expected due to number features. The camera quality is quite poor compared to Nokia's but as long you are not too bothered about clarity then it is liveable ;)

Mat, having both in hands, check it again, the 610 is definitly faster, easier, and way coolest than the T68i, same size, aluminium design box, good camera feature, better reception (at least with french Orange), maybe a bit less autonomie, and a very good price comparing with Nokia or else.