Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

I have a problem with my Lexus IS220d 2006 for more than 1 month, I don't have enough fuel pressure to start the engine, I suppose to have 550 bar but I have just 50-65 bar.

I sent to check the injectors and the fuel pressure pump, they told me that they are OK, I took the fuel pressure pump from another car and tested on my one, still didn't work, I put my fuel pressure pump and common rail on another car, they are working.

I didn't swap the injectors with another car and now I think they are the problem but I sent them to check and they told me they are OK.

I don't have any electrical error, I just don't have enough fuel pressure. The motor starter it's trying to start but not enough fuel pressure to start.

The only way to start the car it's the easy start (with a spray).

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Don't know if this is applicable but is the tank transferring fuel from one half to the other, it maybe a case that there is no fuel in the half that is taken to the engine because the transfer pump is not working but still shows fuel on the gauge?

I changed the fuel filter and I cleaned everything from tank to fuel pressure pump. But from tank to fuel pressure pump the fuel it's coming with 2.5 bars, the pressure it's made by fuel pressure pump and injectors.
I've been to Lexus and they will charge with 2700 pounds just to investigate.

I put a bottle of diesel in the engine compartment to see if the pressure pump pulls diesel, and was OK.

I run out of ideas, I spend 1300 pounds and I still don't know what it's wrong with the car.

The worst experience ever. The car it's really nice with all that gadgets, but mechanical it's s*** :)

The problem start after I put some diesel from a container (I've been in camping and I almost run out of fuel and I've took some diesel from somebody from there) but in that container was a lot of *****(I saw that ***** from container when I got home) :) I got home with that diesel and after couple of days the car didn't start. I clean all the circuit from the tank till the pressure pump. That's why I sent to check the fuel pressure pump and the injectors, but they are OK, I put them on another car and that car start with my parts.

Can be something electric which block my injectors to protect them?

The cap it's secure.

Have you tried un-doing each fuel pipe to each injector one at a time and cracking the engine to see if fuel is getting to the injector, you don't need to undo it all the way this may also get rid of trapped air if there is some. Also get a auto electrician to see if there is an electrical pulse at the electrical plug to each injector. Don't use the pulse test diodes as I have heard they can muck up the ecu

I've check the pipes, the fuel it's coming until the injectors, I will need to check the electrical pulse how did you say, to check if it's any power there.

Cheers for this idea.

I will come back after I'll check.

I think you can do it using a power probe to see if there is a positive to each one, can't remember which wire. You may need to strip back some covering.

If you are un-certain I would get an auto electrician, who will come to you. If you have it stripped it will cut down on his charges.

Also you said it will start with easy start does it continue to run after you stopped spraying?

Just another thought I know you said you have had the injectors tested have you done the spill test? This will show if you are losing pressure

The car it's stop when I stopped spraying.

I've test the injectors and the fuel pressure pump to Ladenall (www.ladenall.com)

I don't know if they done the spill test but I put my injectors on another car and that car start with my injector, fuel pressure pump and common rail.

Did you clean the fuel filter or replace it? it's always good practice to replace. they are normally located near the tank/fuel pump area. Not many are made to be cleaned, it's usual to replace.

As sad as I am, had another thought that you may have an immobiliser fault, whilst the car will unlock etc the immobiliser won't allow fuel through especially as every thing works on another car.

I know about Immobiliser, the think is I found 1 fault in the computer about it, but I delete it and the error didn't come back again, the light from inside the car (Security light) it's going off all the time when the key it's inside the car.

How can I check if the Immobiliser it's still locked if the light it's going off and in the diagnostic computer it's not coming any fault?

• 8 months later...

hi johnny,

i was wondering if you got your issue sorted as i am experiencing similar problems.

i would appreciate if you could share what the solution was.

my lexus is220d stopped altogether and won't start. there seems to be enough diesel getting to the high pressure pump, fuel rail and injectors. no DTC's stored to point to an electrical/sensor issue.

thanks jf50

• 1 year later...

hi did you ever find out what the problem was? i have the same problem, car has been at garage for 9 weeks. New fuel pump, auto electrician checked car with wiring diagrams, no codes coming up, but something did flash up and my hubby knocked it off with odb2, Now he cannot remember what it was. Its going to Lexus dealer this week, god knows if they will find fault, when 3 others cant :(

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello Johnny 

Was your issue solved ? if yes how? because I think I have the same (or very similar) problem and my mechanic cannot find the fault. I am so worried! Would appreciate a reply...

Thanks 

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi.I have a same problem with my is20d 2006.I got a diagnostic in very good garage and need to replace the fuel pressure sensor with the fuel filter. Its will be fix on this week.If the problem gone I will let u know guys .I hope so be good

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2018 at 5:06 PM, Laky said:

Hi.I have a same problem with my is20d 2006.I got a diagnostic in very good garage and need to replace the fuel pressure sensor with the fuel filter. Its will be fix on this week.If the problem gone I will let u know guys .I hope so be good

did the fuel pressure sensor fix this for you???
is this the sensor on the high pressure pump or the rail?

any help is appreciated, replaced the in tank pump and filter and still have no pressure to the injectors.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links