Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Inconsiderate Ignorant Useless Morons

Ditto on that Chris,hope you get some recompense and a satisfying conclusion to this sorry saga,-makes you wonder what the point of all this 'Orwellian' culture of CCTV is about,if it can't be utilised for the good of ordinary folk,without all this stupid political correctness.

Ok, update on this issue.

Police lady rang me today and we had a nice chat.

They had the reg of the car and went to the owners house, who promptly denied involved in an incident. He even had an excuse for the damage to his car saying he bumped a post in a supermarket. He is an elderly gent apparently, smart home in a smart area.

So nice police lady said they had footage on cctv of him and his car at the garden centre and him and his wife looking at my car that they had hit. He then promptly said he wanted to speak to his legal advisor. His wife then burst into tears and admitted that they were indeed at the garden center and that they had hit a gold posh car as she called it, they panicked and left. To which he then agreed. He claimed he didn't see my car, how big is a Ls430 for you not to see it in daylight standing on it's own.

So now i have a person to blame for this incident and an insurance claim to go with it, however he did say to the officer that he would pay for any repairs that needed doing, so i think i will allow lexus to do a full repair at no expense for his trouble.

So happy days maybe, you think

• Like 1

Ok, update on this issue.

Police lady rang me today and we had a nice chat.

They had the reg of the car and went to the owners house, who promptly denied involved in an incident. He even had an excuse for the damage to his car saying he bumped a post in a supermarket. He is an elderly gent apparently, smart home in a smart area.

So nice police lady said they had footage on cctv of him and his car at the garden centre and him and his wife looking at my car that they had hit. He then promptly said he wanted to speak to his legal advisor. His wife then burst into tears and admitted that they were indeed at the garden center and that they had hit a gold posh car as she called it, they panicked and left. To which he then agreed. He claimed he didn't see my car, how big is a Ls430 for you not to see it in daylight standing on it's own.

So now i have a person to blame for this incident and an insurance claim to go with it, however he did say to the officer that he would pay for any repairs that needed doing, so i think i will allow lexus to do a full repair at no expense for his trouble.

So happy days maybe, you think

Well done. Go for the full works they would if the boot was on the other foot. Shame they didn't shed a few tears in guilt at what they had done and left you their details.

good result! - are police not taking any action against him for failing to report the accident?

I hope so, they did tell me that as it's nothing to do with me, i got the impression they are though.

So basically this old guy who lives in a smart house in a nice area is a completely dishonest blind liar who probably shouldn't still hold a driving licence.

If he had run over a child would he have also panicked and drove off!!!!

I hope the police do prosecute him and revoke his licence.

Be even better if he has already submitted a claim to his insurance company for the damage to his car and told them a pack of lies too!

Get him off the road!

• Like 2

This lying sod deserves to be punished and when his insurers find that he knowingly left the scene of the accident without reporting it or notifying the victim his premiums will rocket or they may even cancel his insurance as he's what's known as a 'moral risk'

Also lying to the cops was not a good idea & should it go to court will almost certainly be mentioned in evidence

Extremely unlikely to go to court, probably only get a stiff verbal.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links