Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Stereo Problem - Err 3

Hi all,

I have the old ERR 3 on my IS200 stereo so mentioned it when taking the car in for a service. The guy at Lexus Woodford advised me that the warranty, previously extended to 4 years, has now been extended to 5 years. This is handy as my IS reaches 4 years old in November so i was getting a little twitchy ! He said nop problem and has ordered me a new one in. Very helpful, especially when i enquired about a beautiful GS300 he has in. just need to persuade the wife now to part with some more money. Will be posting in the GS forum soon.

Got the dreaded err3 a couple of months ago in my 99 IS200.

Called Lex B'ham who informed me my stereo was out of warranty by 2 weeks!! I was facing a bill of circa £500 for repair...I was gutted and pursued with Lex customer services who said they could do nothing. Eventually they agreed to fund 50% of the repair cost - I had no choice so I authorised the work. Whilst awaiting a replacement unit Lex B'ham called to say the unit would be reparied\replaced for free "as a gesture of goodwill". Great I thought...only to see other posts sugessesting this 5 year extension. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for not incurring any costs, but I just wonder how much of 'good gesture' this really is.

Down side being.....I am still awaiting the replacement unit.....2 months on!!! I call Lex B'ham fortnightly each time to be told I am first on the waiting list and they cannot control the flow of the units.

I have advertised my IS200 for sale (previous post explains why) and I must have the repaired unit fitted before a sale can be confirmed.

Surely this is not good service, have others experienced such long delays for replacement stereos?

Lex B'ham called to say the unit would be reparied\replaced for free "as a gesture of goodwill". Great I thought...only to see other posts sugessesting this 5 year extension. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for not incurring any costs, but I just wonder how much of 'good gesture' this really is.

uuummmmmmmmmm............. none???? :ph34r:

Surely this is not good service, have others experienced such long delays for replacement stereos?

I waited for 6 weeks to have my stereo replaced.

It's now been 4 weeks and I'm still waiting for my CD's to be returned from the old stereo. :angry:

I waited for 6 weeks to have my stereo replaced.

It's now been 4 weeks and I'm still waiting for my CD's to be returned from the old stereo. :angry:

Guess what...????

I got a phone call this morning from Toyota :duh: to say that my CD's were at the dealers for collection :D

About time.... :angry:

B)

2 months waiting for a replacemet stereo and I eventually got the call yesterday from Lex B'ham to inform my new unit had arrived!!!

Nipped in today for the replacement........and guess what???? Power up the beast with my favorite Cd in hand ready for inserting.........I hear a strange whirring sound and then get the dreaded "err3" popping up.............on the new unit!!!!

B*STA*DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mega miffed and annoyed....I'll await feedback on Monday...just not prepared to wait 2 months again.

What a pain. There must be so many on backorder to have to wait that long. It only took a week when my wife's one got swapped out last year.

You won't have much luck getting one from the showroom as they have different connectors on the new head unit. Still they should have one or two from their used car stock they could swap it over with.

I also got the dreaded err 3 a few days ago. I kept on pressing the CD eject button and eventually the CD popped out. I never go the error message again until today when I put the same CD back in and attempted to eject it.

Could it be something to do with certain types of CD media. This particular one was a CD-R.

Just a thought.

Amit.

Verbatim are the ones I use, burnt @ 16x, I never got any problem for 3 years I use them until last month when the six CDs got Err3 at the same time. They are still stuck in at the moment :angry: .

for 2 flippin years, I have been reading these threads about the dreaded ERR3 and thought to myself how lucky I was that I have a stereo with no problems......... and what happens???

*&^%*$£%&*(*^%$£^&(*%$?*^@(%£

<_<

Phone call to the local dealer tomorrow me thinks........ :yawn:

mine died 2 days after i bought the car ,i thought the "err3" was a additional extra.ps ive only had the car a week........ B)

Welcome to the club pal! Sorry to hear the stereo only lasted 2 days..... I'm sure the car will last longer.......... :D

• 3 months later...

I got the old 'err3' 1 MONTH OUT OF WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: in November last year. Lexus Hatfield said 'Sorry - cos you bought it from

non-Lexus garage it will cost you £350!! :blink:

Got it fixed with a verbal guarantee of it never happening again - gues what - Sunday afternoon driving home from Chrimbo shopping -

ERR3 - AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Fortunately, read this post last night, rang Hatfield today, nice lady says 'bring it in we'll change it for ya under 5 year warranty'

Believe it when it happens.

What do you guys think are the chances of getting my £350 refunded from previous repair?

Cheers

What do you guys think are the chances of getting my £350 refunded from previous repair?

Thanks 4 your overwhelming response, guys :P

Just to let you know, new stereo is on order AND they are REFUNDING :yahoo: my £350 from last years repair!!

• 1 month later...
I tried the battery, the fuse and the knife :blink:  none of them worked. I will go at Levallois this week as I have to buy a trunk lid for my cf one and ask them to replace them under warranty

What are these things to try?

My stereo is playing up :angry:

i got an error 3 on the first day of ownership. but that was using CD-R's.

i never ever (touching wood) get it with shop bought retail cds.

and im much happier.

on another note i want to get my MR2 to sound similar in quality. the guy said it will never happen as Lexus have almost the best acoustics in the motor industy.

and that no amount of money will have the MR2 sounding as sweet.

nearly laughed my ***** off when he told me about the M3 CSL, £60,000 worth of BMW and it sounds like a bag of nails, he said its the same over the whole range of 3 series. you have to spend ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ to get it to sound good. he was another BMW hater. lol. *** praise orpington car sterio. lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links