Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf With No Service For 17K Miles

Big questions are:

1. How many miles on the clock?

2. Has all other services been carried out on time/mileage?

3. Is the dealership willing to put their full year's warranty on it after they have serviced it?

4. How does the car look, drive and feel?

If the answers are all positive, then I don't think it's a problem at all.

The car is at 42k and has had 4 services.

The service before last was at 25k and the other services are on time.

This is a high performance engine. My gut feeling is that if it was driven up and down the motorway it would probably be fine but if caned there could be some wear that may not rear it's head for a few years.

It drives ok and they are willing to throw in 2 years warranty as part of the deal so am seriously considering it.

The car is at 42k and has had 4 services.

The service before last was at 25k and the other services are on time.

This is a high performance engine. My gut feeling is that if it was driven up and down the motorway it would probably be fine but if caned there could be some wear that may not rear it's head for a few years.

It drives ok and they are willing to throw in 2 years warranty as part of the deal so am seriously considering it.

Buy it it will be fine mate

I thought lexus say 10k miles between oil changes?

The car is a 10 plate for 26.5k and is very tempting.

The Px offer on mine was very poor but they increased it after some negotiation.

I would buy it if it was me wanting one . Just because the oil hasn't been changed on time won't harm it and I wouldn't gave thought it's been thrashed mate .

If its on a 10 plate, it may not actually be a 2010 model year with the LSD.

The easy check is the steering wheel. If there is a blue bit at the bottom, then it is a 2010 with LSD

Mine is a March 2010 on a 10 plate, but a 2009 model year.

In 3 years I can't say my enjoyment has been diminished in the slightest without it.

why wasn't it serviced? No one one this forum can tell if the lack of a service has caused long term damage but it wont have been good for it. Would you buy a Ferrari if it had same? if owner didn't service, what else didn't they do? one thing is certain, drive a bargain because of it. plenty more fish in the sea, so dont rush into it.

why wasn't it serviced? No one one this forum can tell if the lack of a service has caused long term damage but it wont have been good for it. Would you buy a Ferrari if it had same? if owner didn't service, what else didn't they do? one thing is certain, drive a bargain because of it. plenty more fish in the sea, so dont rush into it.

To be fair though Dave no body with an isf knows if any of there cars have been thrashed to death before we bought them , ours are 08 plates so could have been reall abused who knows , as for dealers to be honest I don't think they do the work correctly . The 70000 mile service includes valve checks , and gearbox oil change etc , I could put money on they don't do it . They will listen to the engine and say its fine , 7 thousand miles over is nothing .like Steve says if it drives well etc it will be fine .

To be fair though Dave no body with an isf knows if any of there cars have been thrashed to death before we bought them , ours are 08 plates so could have been reall abused who knows , as for dealers to be honest I don't think they do the work correctly . The 70000 mile service includes valve checks , and gearbox oil change etc , I could put money on they don't do it . They will listen to the engine and say its fine , 7 thousand miles over is nothing .like Steve says if it drives well etc it will be fine .

Kieth I meant lol.2009 yours too lol

Fair point but engine oil is such a critical thing. Thrash it. Go for it, they were designed to be driven but what sort of person buys an isf and doesn't service it? you pays ya money but that would worry me a little.

I would bet they just did a load of miles one year and forgot to get it booked in (maybe forgot the last mileage of service) personally as an approved Lexus with warranty. I wouldn't think twice but would use it as an excuse to get some money off or possibly another year warranty thrown in.

These engines are bullet proof, check out the abuse some of the people throw at them on the US forums (burnouts, drag racing etc) not saying the previous owner couldn't have done the same but i would be truly shocked that that sort of owner would have bought an ISF over something like an M3.

Bet you those are motorway miles with very little impact to the engine.

Fair point but engine oil is such a critical thing. Thrash it. Go for it, they were designed to be driven but what sort of person buys an isf and doesn't service it? you pays ya money but that would worry me a little.

Yeh your rite what your saying mate too. Maybe they did get the oil changed but not at a dealers . Wasn't stamped , I've done that before spec if I've serviced my cars myself , I always change the oil in my cars every 5000 miles , stupid to some I know but keeps my cars in perfect order .