Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

At Last

It's been a long wait, ordered on the 12th Aug. picking it up on Tues. the 17th, was given early Nov. when I placed the order so it's a month late and for that reason Lexus UK have given me 2 year free servicing.post-26159-0-74319600-1387125615_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hi DJP

The dealer phoned the week it was due to arrive to say it would be 3 to 4 weeks late but didn't give a reason, when he said Lexus were offering me 2 years servicing it did soften the blow somewhat.

Hi Johnm

Thanks, I wouldn't say it's flew in, as for the colour, I was a little bit concerned after I had ordered it but looks well in the pic. it's has the light grey trim it was that or black not keen on black, only one more sleep.

D

I opted for the Ivory trim in my sonic silver GS because my partner said she was sick of black! I had reservations about the silver/light trim combo but fell in love with it as soon as I saw it at the dealers. The footwells are dark grey so its practical too. I haven't seen the light grey trim so please post some photo's if you can.

Thanks LexIS200

As I said in a previous post had second thoughts a week in and nearly phoned the dealer to see if I could change it to a more conservative colour but happy I didn't now, it seems to have a slightly ivory tinge to it and anyway I'm retired so have plenty of time to keep it clean.

Hi Marcus

Yes it is a private purchase so I was chuffed with the offer, picked up the car yesterday and the 2 year service pack is on the sales invoice at £560 but FOC, also got a free brolly handy were I live.

D

Thanks IJP

It meets all my expectations and then some, I almost wish I was back at work ( almost ) so as to drive it every day, as it is I'm looking for excuses to be in it.

I am very impressed with the new sat nav system ( and the tec. in general which is all working fine ) with it's camera alerts and the display of the speed limit, I've had two passengers this far and both have praised the comfy seats and quiet smoothness of the ride, and how some reviewers can trash the remote system amazes me I think it's very easy to master.

Now were can I go tomorrow?

D

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks IJP

It meets all my expectations and then some, I almost wish I was back at work ( almost ) so as to drive it every day, as it is I'm looking for excuses to be in it.

I am very impressed with the new sat nav system ( and the tec. in general which is all working fine ) with it's camera alerts and the display of the speed limit, I've had two passengers this far and both have praised the comfy seats and quiet smoothness of the ride, and how some reviewers can trash the remote system amazes me I think it's very easy to master.

Now were can I go tomorrow?

D

Im loving the colour, but I think I may be biased! Its Arctic Pearl right? Wish they had it available on the F Sport, the other white is a bit flat, reminds me of all the solid white Audi's going around. Arctic pearl looks great in the summer btw! Even has a glow in the night under lighting!

Is yours an IS250? if so, any reason you chose it over the 300h?

Hi rayaans

Yes it's arctic pearl, it as a slight ivory ting to it, it's a real headturner I can sense peoples eyes following me as I pass down the road, I was parked in a posh hotel a couple of weeks ago, and when I returned to it there was a number of guests admiring it.

It is the 250, ( maybe the forum title should be 3rd series IS ) I do less than 8k a year so mpg is not a big issue and the extra money for the 300h buys a few gallon, also I couldn't bring myself to give up that V6 it's a lovely smooth beast.

D

PS. Thats a nice motor you have.

Did you compare the 250 and 300h? Any major difference in power and handling between the two?

And the colour really suits the styling of the IS, looks very classy indeed.

Hi rayaans

I must confess I didn't test drive the 300h only the F sport and the premier, so can't give an opinion.

I am possibility in a minority here but I found the digital speedo in the F sport rather difficult to read at a glance than the analog on the standard model, I also prefer the more understated front grill.

I have passed 650 miles does that mean I can tryout that sport mode now?.

D

Dixgas - You can use Sport mode from zero miles if you wish - just keep the revs down to 2/3's of max and don't labour the engine (which you cannot really in an Auto), until it's gone past 1000 or so miles. Modern engines don't really need to be "run in" like they used to (unless it's a really high performance car - like an ISF or LFA), but it's safe to be sensible - especially if you plan to keep the car a long time.

You (like me - a private buyer) saw sense in saving the cash over the cost of a new hybrid. You can buy a lot of petrol with the £000's saved....and economy aside there isn't much of a performance gain with the 300h over the 250 (on paper at least). The 300h does seem to deliver better torque to the road though, but it's small benefit. The GS250 Lux was about £7k (!) cheaper than the GS450h, and whilst the 450h is much quicker etc, I couldn't justify it. A BMW 535d made much more sense.

PS - they've stopped the GS250 now, and have launched the GS300h (same drive train as the IS300h), and on paper it's slower than my GS250, but much more economical (by 100% on paper). I still prefer the V6 over the 4 pot 300h. It so syrupy smooth.