Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have just bought an 80,000 mile '93 LS400 and want to check the cabin [pollen] filter. Can anyone tell me how to access it on a '93? There is a panel below the glovebox but I can't see how to remove it and I don't have a workshop manual. Also, are there actually 2 separate filters?

Thanks, Andy

Hi Andy, There is a "kick plate" that you take off below the glove box, and the filter is accessed by removing to wing nuts from the filter housing, make sure you remember how it comes out (it drops down) I seem to remember the filter is in two sections. I can't remember how the kick plate comes off but I do remember it being quite easy.

It's very easy to get to. Hopefully the attached pic will be all you need.

Bear in mind though that there might not be a filter present. I checked my '93 to find nothing there! Looks like someone's just taken out the old filter and not replaced it.

I then asked a guy breaking a 93 LS on eBay to check his, and it was also filter-less...

post-47632-0-70865900-1387205866_thumb.j

Mine were fitted but it looked like they were the originals from 1994!

Washed them in soapy water, then rinsed and allowed to dry. Sprayed them with fabreeze and put them back in.

Do this every year now along with the can of AC deodouriser.

I've read that some people just pull/cut out the old filter part, and replace it with a generic cut to shape domestic air con filter. So I was hoping that if at least have the old filter frame, but no such luck!

If anyone has an old manky filter or frame, please let me know, as I'd be interested in buying it...