Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hubcentric Spacers Fitted

Stuart Aspey

hey stuart, how you doing '

have you tested it in terms of handling like around corners ?

what mm spacers you went for ?

not sure about the grip in corners but your going to get a lot more tyre life i can tell ya '

I purchased them off a fellow IS driver, but I think they are on eBay for around £65 a pair. I've gone 15mm at the front and 20mm at the rear on each hub, so a 30mm total width increase at the front and 40mm at the rear.

As for improved handling . . . I think it feels better? But until I change the centre of gravity . . . Lower him, the improvement is probably negligible. It'll look so much better with my 17"s on.

• 1 year later...

in all honesty mate thats barely going to make little no difference in handling, you have increase the track by 4cm, you would notice more of a difference upgrading the tyres.

looks good tho, cant fault that

As you have increased the front track you will find the steering jeometry will not be 100 % as everything would have been set up for standard track.

To get the best handling the steering geometry should be adjusted accordingly to keep everything correct.

Your insurance could reject a claim if it has not been done correctly & notified to them of the change.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I had 15mm and 20 mm on mine and did have the geometry reset and it did make a difference in handling. Bends and roundabouts I took regularly felt much more stable and it also makes it look so much nicer filling the arches the way they should have been. I have 8 1/2 by 18 inch wheels now so don't use the spacers, so if anyone wants them message me.