Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Here are some of things u should check:

Make sure it has a full or at least a good service history which includes the cambelt change.

On driving the ride should be quite smooth comfortable with no noises or creaks from the suspension.

Gearbox changes should not be noticeable

Upon inserting key the steering should tilt and retract - test and make sure the mechanism works as motors are very expensive

Braking should be quite and smooth - if you get a groaning noise when coming to stop that’s a sign of cheap aftermarket brake pads - they will need replacing.

Check colour of gearbox oil it should be red with no smell of burning.

Check all electrics work

Check the Sat Nav works - there have been reports of some failures

Check the air suspension works and the compressor does not make any noises

Check the bonnet struts hold the bonnet

Check the car has the correct Toyota red coolant

Ask if the cabin filter has ever been changed - these are often over looked.

Check toolkit is present

Make sure there are no warning lights lit in the dash

Ideally you want 3 remote keys

Check the car has a matching set of tyres and wether they are branded or not - this should give an indication wether the car has been pampered or neglected

Before driving off make sure you have the say nav code and locking wheel nut key.

Hope this helps.

@cruisermark, thx buddy thats more than help

@Malk I dont have specific one right now, I want LS430 coz I love Lexus and I dnot like small cars :)

@bookend good point

Thank all of you guys for advices, hope I'll be owner of LS soon ;)

Regards

Alex

I think maybe an important issue ( on here in past subjects ) is the simple fact that many Ls430 doors have significant rust issues which, if you catch it within 12 years of " new " Lexus have been known to actually replace the doors under warranty !

Rot from within and often only manifest externally bang on the 12 year warranty expiry.

Malc

Hi Alex

I own a lexus ls430....it's a great car and pleasure to drive! But things go wrong..look at my thread is LS430a good value....you'll see what went wrong with mine.

I strongly recommend that you buy the car with 12 months warranty or be prepared to spend big bucks when things go wrong!

Cruise mark has covered most worrying aspects...but in addition

Oxygen sensors fail for no reason, Height sensors are expensive to fix , wing mirrors are prone to stop working for no reason and the reversing camera is very...VERY expensive to fix...but is not really necessary..as you have the parking sensors.

I have had almost all of these things fixed and am now really enjoying the car!

Mine is coming up to 10 yrs old but there's no sign of any rust...May be I am just lucky!

Whatever you decide the car is brilliant to drive and very comfortable!

Hey Shiner

I have to say you scared me a bit and now I don't know which one to choose. You see I love toys, that's why I wanted to buy LS430, on the other hand I don't like unexpected surprises.

My question to LS430 owners: Is it really that bad?

Regards

Alex

" nothing lasts forever " ........................ blimey, was sure thinking my Ls400 would !!! it had better, my 1932 Triumph is still going strong so why not my Lexus ............

anyway guys and gals, on my 1000th posting

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

Malc

Hi Alex

Didn't mean to frighten you...but you should buy this car with your eyes open. The way I rationalised keeping it was that when I started to worry about its age ,10,yrs, I thought I should replace it with LS460....the prices are beyond what I am prepared to pay! So I thought I'll keep mine and spend the money as and when things go wrong...that way I should still be ahead in the long run!

Also reading a post from Pepe really got me sorted who bought an old LS400 for a song and then spent (invested?) £5000 on it to turn an ugly duckling to a showroom beauty!...that's my plan in the new year too....

Despite what might go wrong ..they are great cars to drive! So take the plunge but do your checking first

Merry Xmas to you all and thanks to those who have helped me and of course others! A great forum

Hoping for a cracking 2014...at least there's no Ashes matches in that year!

Cheers

Hi Alex

Didn't mean to frighten you...but you should buy this car with your eyes open. The way I rationalised keeping it was that when I started to worry about its age ,10,yrs, I thought I should replace it with LS460....the prices are beyond what I am prepared to pay! So I thought I'll keep mine and spend the money as and when things go wrong...that way I should still be ahead in the long run!

Also reading a post from Pepe really got me sorted who bought an old LS400 for a song and then spent (invested?) £5000 on it to turn an ugly duckling to a showroom beauty!...that's my plan in the new year too....

Despite what might go wrong ..they are great cars to drive! So take the plunge but do your checking first

Merry Xmas to you all and thanks to those who have helped me and of course others! A great forum

Hoping for a cracking 2014...at least there's no Ashes matches in that year!

Cheers

Hi Alex

This is what your future LS 430 could look like if you follow Shiner's advice:

My 1996 Mk 3:

post-42486-0-86130300-1387928014_thumb.j

My 1998 Mk 4:

post-42486-0-95697600-1387928527_thumb.j

Merry Christmas and Happy Motoring

Pepe

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links