Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Christmas Wishes

Wishing all Lexus owners are great Christmas. I have had my IS 300h 6months now it it is still the best lexus I have owned. Quiet, economical, and great looking. Still not seen another on the road though!!!

Thanks for best wishes Richard

I've had my 250 Lux. for a week now and still looking for excuses to be in it, called at a prestigious lakeland hotel last week, the carpark was full of the ubiquitous BMWs, Mercedes Audis etc. and with a couple of Porsches in the mix, when I returned to the Lexie there was a number of guests admiring it, and as headed toward it they sheepishly shuffled away.

Still haven't seen another in West Cumbria.

D

I liked Dixgas' image of owners of German cars "sheepishly shuffling away" when caught admiring his 300h in the car-park of a

fancy hotel. I must admit, to my shame, that I take a perverse delight in creeping up on people who think they are unobserved

when admiring my own 300h. While I generally respond to their comments with what I like to think is a proper show of urbanity, I have nevertheless taken to keeping an adequate supply of disinfectant wipes for the purpose of removing nose-prints and kindred smudges from the side-windows after leaving the car parked in a public place for any length of time. But this is a

small price to pay for owning such a great car.

I have had my 300h for over two months now and also not seen another on the road here in Italy. This is not too surprising since,

according to the small dealership where I bought it, which has the concession for an area of Northern Italy with approximately one million people, sales have amounted to only twelve units since first deliveries in July. While this seems low, it is claimed to be in

line with the national target for the first twelve months (which, incidentally, is the same as for France). The U.K. target is said to be

5000 units, reflecting Lexus' higher penetration and potentially bigger fleet business than in the rest of Europe. But even though

this means that Richard's and Dixgas' chances of seeing another 300h on the road are five times better than mine, we are still

talking pretty small numbers. I do not know how many units Lexus has targeted for Germany, which is supposed to be its biggest

European market after the U.K., but can say that not once have I ever seen a Lexus with local plates in the ten or more years that,

at least once annually, I have driven the entire length of the country.

Hi Rabbers

Pleased you liked my description of German car owners shuffling away, my car is arctic pearl so it really stands out ( see pic under post " At Last " ), I was parked between a Audi A4 and a BMW 3 series and it made them look a little old-fashioned especially the drab A4.

Hoping for some better weather soon so I can get her out on the A and B roads in this neck of the woods, it realy does handle very well.

D

P S. Maybe I will have to get myself soom of those wipes you mentioned.

Not many on the road yet here in Asia especially 300h since it's considerably a lot more expensive than 250. This generation of IS might not be able to equal popularity of the past.