Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have just bought a ls430 2003 model and already I have a faulty offside front parking sensor does anyone know where I can get a new bronze colour coded sensor for my car there seem to plenty for sale but they do not seem to think that the colour is important, the other problem I have noticed is that on full left hand lock I get a nasty noise coming up from the offside front wheel thank in anticipation of any helpful advice

hi

the parking sensors are either dealer only item or you can buy them direct from china using the ali express site

You can fit them by just removing the wheel arch liner and accessing the sensor.

If your getting a scraping dragging sound on full lock then it i would suggest getting the lower ball joints check - part is about £60 from lexus

Not wanting to rain on the party but not having heard of AliExpress I decided to look it up.

Don't seem to be able to paste the link here, but just search "AliExpress review" and form your own opinions.

Bronze sensor code is 89341-50011-EO about 130 quid from Lexus, the EO is the paint code according to the chap at Lexus, and if you need the little bracket that holds it in place then this is the code 89348-50010 at 6 quid a pop

hi chris do you know the code for 2004 silver offside front sensor plz

Not exactly sure but this looks like it 89341-50011-BO

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/942092120/for_Toyota_Lexus_Parking_Sensor_OEM.html

Can't be sure so i would ring your local Lexus and ask for the part number, i do know that on the front, the 2 sensors next to the reg plate are a different code as they are a tad bigger

There is nothing wrong with aliexpress. It's justlike eBay. If you don't use your head you will be stung

Never pay through western union and always use their Escrow system and you will be ok. I have never had a problem before

You can also press the chat now button and talk to the people you are buying from. You can usually get a feel for the company this way and also have a bit of a haggle as the prices are never set in stone !!

Also you can do a deal on 2 or 3 sensors as you can sell the remaining ones one eBay to maybe cover your costs of buying your one for your car

There are lots of options

Just be careful as eventhough they tell you the part comes with a warranty are you seriously going to send it back to China if it is faulty ?

How easy is it to replace these? I used my local car wash who pressure washed the car and have had a problem with the parking sensor saying there is something in front of the car whenever i use it now. I suspect the pressure washer has damaged one of the sensors but don't know which one. Anyone have any ideas how to tell which is faulty and whether they are simple to replace?

Thanks

Roy ,When is the court case ,using a pressure washer on a Lexus is a criminal offence shame on you.Joking aside it looks like you have driven water into the area between the sensor and the housing and the water is acting as a parked vehicle try using a hair dryer to dry around the sensor exterior but don't get too close to the paintwork.

Thanks for the replies. The parking sensor seems to have dried out on it's own. All working fine again now. I couldn't see anything that would identify a faulty sensor, it could be either of th front two from what I can see. Hopefully it will be ok now.

Thanks

Roy