Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am wondering if someone may plz guide. I had few questions.

1. I had placed an order for Sat Nav maps DVD year 2013-2014 from Lexus Twickenham, just received it by post, now I am wondering, how to use it, is that the Normal DVD player where I have to use, per my google search there is suppose to be a DVD already there which is powering up the current maps, but there is no DVD in CD / DVD player.

2. Every time I start my car, few minutes later a beep will alert me that Blue tooth connection failed to established, I have check all options & sub-options, but I cannot find any thing related to blue tooth, how to disable it.

3. My car is due for tyre change, current installed tryes are "245-45-18", other day I was in quick fit for my wife Jazz tyre replacement, when I asked about the price I was quoted 243 per tyre / fitting for BridgeStone, tracking & balancing saperate. But to my surprise "265-45-18 & 275-35-18" were 190 & 198 each. When I ask why is this difference, reply was 245 are more in demand. I have also checked the code of tyre that all tyres are made in June-2013, so not very old tyre, so can I use 265 or 275 for the rear wheels, if yes, will there be a penelty on fule consumption & is there any change in driving comfort as well.

LS in question is 430 & 55 reg.

Your help will be much appreciated & happy new year.

hi

the Sat Nav DVD unit sits in the boot - lift the carpet and you will see it - just need to insert the DVD and thats it

The Sat Nav has built in Bluetooth which means you can pair your phone to it for handsfree calling - thats what the car is doing - searching for a phone to connect to - to switch it off - go into the telephone settings and delete all the phone information stored and that should do it - the Bluetooth technology is pretty dated in these cars for example you cannot send and store contacts and the sound is not brilliant - if you want handsfree i would invest in an aftermarket system.

Tyre prices can range depending on where you buy from - i have recently changed my tyres and camskill had one of the best prices - have a look and try to stick to a good make - Dunlop and Bridgstone are good choices.

HTH

Thanks Mark for your guidance regarding Sat Nav & Blue-tooth, I will check it in morning & update results. About tyres, can I put 265 or 275 width tyres on rear wheels or not, is that technically allowed in current configuration of wheel itself, I am not changing the wheel as its original LS wheels, but want to use 265 or 275 tyres, because same Bridge-Stone tyres are almost 60 & 50 quid cheap then the 245 size tyre. I will explore your described tyres as well.

Thanks for help.