Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there, I'm have had a search on the forums before I posted, but that doesn't mean I'm not missing the info.

I was working at the car & removed the door handles.

Then when I was finished I locked the car with the key & I think I pressed a button twice, I really am not sure.

I tried something, opening a door or pushing the door lock rods(door handles are still off) & the alarm went off.

I tried to turn it off with the key, but it wouldn't work.

I opened the windows with the locking rod & put the key in the ignition to start the car, thinking that this would reset the alarm, but no joy.

The only way I could get the alarm to turn off was to disconnect the Battery negative, but every time I reconnect it the alarm goes off.

Does anyone on here know of this happening/how to fix it??

I would really appreciate any help as the car has to be moved soon.

Cheers.

Try this Irwin.

1 turn ignition key to the "lock" position and remove key

2 Close and lock all doors inc boot and bonnet, wait 30 seconds till security indicator flashes

3 Insert key in front driver or passenger door and unlock, security indicator should flash twice confirming alarm reset.

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't need to do this as strangely I got it sorted first thing this morning.

I now think I know what the sequence of events caused it & sorted it.

I put the door handles back in & reconnected the Battery, but whilst I was putting the passenger side handle in, I unlocked it with the key before even connecting the Battery.

Then when the Battery was connected all I had to do was press the unlock button on the key & it reset.

I have worked out that if you press & hold the lock button on the key the alarm will arm & eventually beep.

But, if you press the lock button twice, it seems to put the system into a state that only a manual turn off the key in the passengers side will allow the remote to work again.

A lesson learnt no doubt.

Cheers, Erwin.