Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Afs Sensor Replacement/repair

6 minutes ago, RX400h2005 said:

Yes, flashing AFS light in the R/H clock on the dash. Stopped flashing when I replaced the sensor with a second hand one for about £80 off eBay.

I have the flashing AFS light, but according to the handbook,  this is different to the warning about leveling (sic) system faults.  See the photo of the relevant page below.   This is quite clear that AFS relates to turning headlights sideways,  whereas levelling is the height adjustment.  

When you had your fault with the height sensor, did you see the fault reported about the levelling system,  or just AFS?

15498781512232041411029.jpg

• Like 1

It was a while ago, so some details are lost in the mist of time. I had the flashing AFS light for certain - I don't remember ever seeing a levelling warning, but after doing some research, I changed the levelling sensor and the flashing AFS light went away. My headlamps swivel on start-up, but I can't say as I ever see them moving...I'll have to check later!

• Like 1

a couple of questions for those who have removed nd replaced their sensor:

1) How is the position of the sensor calibrated to the position of the curved steel actuator lever?  Is it a notched fitting that can only attach in one position? 

2) How does the sensor attach to the metal brackets?  It looks like three self tapping screws into the plastic body of the sensor, plus one bolt to hold the actuator lever onto the centre swiveling part of the sensor?