Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1996 Ls400 Looks Like A Mk4 Ls400

Hi guys

Any of you guys seen the 1996 ls400 on gumtree that's got mk4 headlights etc? It's the black one, in Bordesley Green near to wear I live. I don't know how to post the link on here

This is already being discussed on the LS forum. One member been to see it and ask a couple of awkward questions with unsatisfactory replies.

Lets hope possible new owners look on here first. Mike

I have L400AAA on my 1999 MkIV LS, not my choice and can't be bothered to change it back to the original R/S reg age related original plate.

Probably just a private plate, may be the letters in the reg have some significance to the current owner

DVLA site shows it as a 96 as well.

Maybe it's had a front end smack and been repaired using mkIV parts.

Don't forget, there are a lot of cars with unrecorded repairs, there are plenty on eBay that claim to be damaged repairable and hpi clear.

A vehicle history check is worth doing when buying, but doesn't mean you shouldn't do a thorough visual check yourself.

Feel sorry for the person who bought that, it had no paperwork with it and it looked tatty, and from what I remember also was the bonnet didn't line up properly, the headlight on the right hand side was very very yellow compared to the left headlight

• Like 1