Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Centre Mount Turbo Is200

That intake set up is temporary.

Working on getting it under the bonnet ATM.

So far ground clearance hasn't been an issue.

Avoiding water and speed bumps tho.

I'm looking to turbo my IS too, but looking into management ideas and clutch options?

Read that the Altezza clutch is the same as IS200 and also read the Altezza clutch is the same as Celica GT4/MR2 turbo clutch, so IS200 clutch same as Celica GT4/MR2 turbo which can easily hold 300+ brake.

Well IV been up the road many times with a multimeter on the upstream O2 sensor. Full load @4-5psi it's still good.

Just looking forward to the dyno time. My take a few more psi I hope

Mine started life as a Altezza as so was 4 speed auto.

IV manual converted it and I'm only using a exedy clutch with no problems so far.

The turbo is a TD04 from a Subaru. I used it because there fast spooling as impreza turbos are mounted a long way from the exhaust ports.

It's oil cooled and IV used a gear driven pump to scavenge the oil up hill to the sump.

The power increase is very impressive would say 40-50 bhp and a very nice torque curve that all is200 lack.

• 4 months later...

I own this car now.

One thing that i didn't expect was how loud the turbo chatter is! also sounds insane when spooling.

Its a shame the internals aren't forged as id love to run higher than 5psi.

• 1 month later...

Interesting as I didn't think management would like positive intake pressure. I understand that's why the FCD is there, but you're sure engine isn't running lean before you dyno it?

Slight necropost from me here

The standard inlet on the 1GFE is designed that way for a reason and I believe that reason is positive intake pressure.

At speed, I'm pretty sure the inlet tract will bring the preshaaaa, albeit only at speed.

This is also one of the main reasons why "cold air intake kits" are bad for your IS's performance since you move form a high-pressure-at-high-speed-system to a low-pressure-at-all-speeds-system.

Just my two ummm... pence.