Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Purchasing Tyres From The Internet

chrisdutton

I recently found myself browsing through the internet looking at tires. It blows my mind to look at the way things have changed over the past 100 years in relation to tires. To think that they once began as a wooden circle and have developed to the point that they are capable of carrying a vehicle at over 200 miles per hours. It's really neat to look at it all.

On Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_tyres they state that Formula 1 race cars use a total of 6 different types of tires. It's crazy to think that they need that many just to race around a track. At one time tires were nothing more than a rubber shell with a rubber air filled tube in it. Similar to bicycle tires today.

Now we have a tire for every possible driving condition available to us. There are tires specifically designed for driving in the rain or snow. Others are available for off road driving. There are tires that will resist bullets, and others that will instantly re-inflate if a bullet manages to puncture its surface. Tires for motorcycles, and tires for heavy duty construction vehicles. Vehicles are even able to provide live feedback on how inflated a tire is and when it needs air.

So anyway, enough of the history of tires and what they can do. I found myself stumbling upon websites online that allow for the purchasing of tires. I found this website at http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk and they also have a discount page which can be found at http://www.tyreshopper.co.uk/discount-codes/, They offer access to every name brand possible and basically every type of tire those companies offer.

Has anyone else ever purchased tires from the internet? It would seem that they would be challenging and expensive to mail. I haven't taken the time to see what the shipping would be, but I was wondering if it really is as simple as order and receive like it is for other products purchased online. I pity the mail person who has to carry those things to my front door.

I was hoping some of you have ordered tires online and could give me some feedback on your experiences with doing so. I understand I will have to take the tires and have them mounted, but if I can save a significant amount of money on purchasing the tires it would be worth it. Mounting doesn't cost very much at all and can be done in about 20 minutes. So any feedback on your experiences?

I used 'black circles' this time around and it was great. Price includes fitting at a centre vetted by them. You choose the centre closest to you, they then give you a time slot and the tyres are sent to that fitted for you.

I have also used camskill and had the tyres sent directly to a fitted I know.

It's great :)

Somerset? Your not so close to the US that "tires" have taken over from tyres surely? :D

I am sure this is an honest enquiry and not a bit of advertising of course :innocent:

Yes, bought literally tons of tyres on the net over the years, in fact a few days ago a set of alloy wheels complete with winter tyres arrived from MYTYRES.COM, for just tyres I have bought from mytyres and Camskill mostly, very difficult to get better deals.

I have used BlackCircles.com valuetyres.co.uk and camskill.com for price comparisons. I have not had the tyres sent via mail. I actually then contacted Lexus Cardiff who beat the prices offered by all. I ordered my tyres through them and had them fitted and balanced cheaper than the above internet companies.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links