Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello to you all again... I have recently replaced my Windscreen wipers, which I found a bit fiddly, however the passenger side wiper is now hitting the plastic stop just under the bonnet, and I wish to lift the wiper into a new position, slightly lift it up. about 1/2inch to stop it banging/slapping on the stop. My problem is removing the wiper from the spline, I have removed the nut, but I cannot get the wiper to lift off the spline... Anyone any ideas please... Thank you Roy.

Thank you for that valuable information.. I have ordered a Wiper removal tool off eBay not expensive approx. £10.00, so should you require it you know where one is. Thanks again my friend and to all at LOC.... Cheers Roy

Blimey. I wrote that nearly six years ago now. I am still on the same car, with the same wiper settings. I now buy the cheap aerofoil blades off eBay, and replace them every year, which is about as long as they are likely to last without squeaking. A good quality screen wash pays dividends in removing the traffic film from the screen. It also doesn't freeze in winter.

Regards, Alan

Hello Alan...Yes time does fly.. It was a very helpful topic.. Mine is a 1995 ls 400 and I love it to bits, some car!.. What type of screen wash do you use, I could do with getting some. Where are you from... I live in Scotland just over the Border, all though I originate from Lancashire.. If you or any of the LOC members find themselves over in Castle Douglas, then Email me or contact me through here, and drop in and see me, you will be made most welcome

PS.I use what I think is a good screen wash, but it always seems to heavily mark/stain he glass, or is that the norm....Cheers Roy.

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the reply - it's always nice to know that a post has been of use to a fellow member. Having just re-read my own post above, I have belatedly realised that what I actually wrote wasn't quite what I meant. What I actually meant was that a proper screen wash is far preferable to plain water or the use of washing up liquid as an additive. I didn't mean a good quality screen wash as opposed to a poor quality screen wash. I actually buy screen wash by the gallon container from a local supermarket or DIY centre. The current brand is Homebase, but I suspect that it may well be identical to most other brands. During really cold weather (Minus 5 or below) I stick in 10% of industrial alcohol to lower the freezing point.

I live in Rutland - fairly central middle England, and have lived in this area since the 1970s, but I am still not regarded as even vaguely local. I am old enough to remember the introduction of screen washers, and well recall driving a 1956 Ford 100E Van armed with a Squeezy washing-up liquid bottle full of water, and held at arms length out of the window to wash the screen when necessary. "Necessary" in this instance means when the local constabulary asked for a roadside demonstration of the screen washer. Sufficient to pass the letter of the law in those days, but possibly not in the spirit of the law. I have become slightly less of a rebel since those days, but often recall those motoring days with fondness.

Regards, Alan

Hello alex.. Forgive me I do not understand what a pm means, but if you give me your telephone number I will ring you and give you my Email address, or if you prefer you can ring me on 07785797007, and I will ring you straight back... I would appreciate those few pages, or if you can explain how I drop you a Private Message(which I presume that's what it stands for). Cheers Roy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links