Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is So Far

paul_tomo

I just thought i would post a few pics of how the Is is coming on

i collected the car like this

bb1af264-5f79-4699-8b5c-f833e97360d1_zps

66b4615d-b137-4e30-8eed-e1dc68443e88_zps

5294f671-197b-4164-a1a8-f6cab81bd6b4_zps

fully untouched other than the windows, the front bumper was a bit battered with scrapes all over paint peeling off and one of the washer flaps missing (was in the glove box) then most would say its unlucky and i would normally but a few days later a lovely arriva bus driver decided he would clip my bumper and wing as he was leaving the bus stop

0fbf8086-dba9-478a-a39a-f97116ae342a_zps

so arriva where good enough to pay to paint my full bumper and paint the wing, so i fixed the washer flap before it went in to get painted, this is where im upto now

wheels painted

b2c1d76d-4cc7-4498-865c-d50cecbe9667_zps

Rear lights split and painted with added marker lights on the sides and the rear fogs converted so they are side/fog (didnt want the brake conversion too)

331b97f8-92eb-42b6-b355-d1272315297b_zps

c0814d52-ecb7-4893-b5b8-1afaecc7f80e_zps

c3a82ae3-2dc4-41b5-b054-39fbfcbf9cf5_zps

on the front i have had front painted as said above, i have split and painted fogs and headlights, in the headlights i have moved the sidelight bulb from the outer ring to the inner ring and fitted a high power cree bulb, i have fitted 6000k hids and added some orange leds to act as marker lights.

after a few times of checking the leds at different parts of the rebuild i put light back together and sealed only 3 out of the 4 bulbs now work so i havent connected them up yet because im not happy with the way the lens fits so i will be ripping apart and doing again until im happy :shifty: i have also painted the front grill and added a smaller number plate, reason for painting the grill i think it suits the car better with all the chrome gone and im unsure on the sport grills

24d15704-fd3e-4b72-90b6-d3c8d1845faf_zps

side lights on

afd442db-fbff-4329-96dd-6df13be94764_zps

Hids on

bbe9188c-f29a-4581-9b71-0491ba2d884b_zps

Thats it up to now, on my list next in the next few week (other than re-doing my headlights) new ball joints new drop links new shocks and lowering springs

Lol I get like that sometimes and just carnt be bothered normally down to the fact I had 2 jobs a day job and a semi night job so just couldn't be bothered doing anything when im off work for that few hrs haha

• 1 month later...

can you take a closer shot of your DRLs in the highbeams pls

sorry mate only just seen this, I will take a pic tomorrow for you, its been an expensive day today I have ordered new top and bottom ball joints new drop links and tie rod ends also a nice set of shiny new tein street advance coilovers :) its going to be like Christmas when the post man comes haha

You might want to think about changing your anti rolls, that was the best thing i did to mine. The Eibach springs helped but really noticed a difference when i added the Eibach roll bars front and back.

Just make sure you don't go too stiff though or it will get very twitchy especially in the wet being rear wheel drive. I looked at under body braces but was advised it might do more harm that good to the daily drive, it's really for track work, but good luck.

• 4 months later...

Just a little update :) coil overs drop links and top/bottom ball joints done :) the day I finished fitting it all my radiator decide to pop so another 120 out my pocket haha, the car is sitting quite low so my plan in the next few days is higher it a bit more and fit my freshly order tyres and it's booked in for a wheel alignment next week, the week after I'm going to replace all disks and pads and refurbish the front/rear calipers as one is starting to stick so may as well do them all, has any body any tips on this I.e how hard it is to replace the seals and re grease the pistons? Then next on the hit list the week after that hopefully is a new (ish) engine, my valve stem seals are starting to go so instead of forking out to repair I might as well get and engine with more than half the miles mine has for cheaper than what it costs to repair then after that's sorted it's a new heater matrix/blower box, my matrix pooed a few weeks ago so iv just by passed it for the moment, then I won't spend money on it for a little bit as I value my male parts and the misses would gladly chop them off haha once all that's done it's then onto the fun things I want like new wheels trd splitter kit etc just got to get important stuff over and done with 1st, by looking at this list it looks like I have won the lottery or started becoming a big time drug Lord (both of witch I wouldn't mind) I'm just working my man parts off doing 8 shifts over 5 days just to fund my IS obsession haha, if any one has tips on the caliper repair kit it would be much appreciated and of course pics to follow

The car will sit a little higher as I said above as it's a tad too low, and believe it or not but that's not even on the lowest setting and the car is dirty so please don't judge me haha

Cheers mate, Im not sure I'm mm or inch but it's about 4-5 turns from bottom on the back and about 5-6 on the front, it looks a good stance but the camber on the rear is a bit too much and there's a few speed bumps by my home that the plastic under tray scrapes as I go over them (still doing 10-15mph) so I just want to higher it slightly so it's got the looks and is still practical if you get me, all I done with mine was lower it to the max the work my way back up to get the perfect look it took a few days to get every thing matching and looking right

Andy yeah I have looked into them and are on my to do list I want to get a new set of wheels first then get spacers As I want wide wheels so want to get the fitment correct