Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 Months In ... What Would I Change....

Overall I think the car is epic!!!!

The items I would change if I could of had a word with lexus are:

1. Louder exhaust with real tips.

2. Proper iphone/pod intergration.

3. Carbon fibre in place of the aluminium weave.

4. Maybe adjustable air suspension with sports and normal mode.

That's it! The rest of the car is amazing! Literally... All of it!

Stu

I would change the digital clock. A car costing close to £60k should have a better timepiece.

A trip computer that can tell you the duration of each journey (unless it is there and I have not found it)!

The doors should not unlock when I put the gear lever in park, i do not drive a taxi!

A touch more legroom in the back.

May be an analogue clock positioned higher up on the dashboard, like the new IS. Better still if it was in the navigation display.

In terms of the doors unlocking, I will check that with the dealer.

Does everyone have the passenger airbag light near the clock illuminated when driving? Just seems odd to me that it doesn't go out after a few seconds, or as you pull away?

It's the warning to say adult passengers only due to the airbag.

At least it's not just mine that does it I guess! ;)

Does seem odd to have it illuminated all the time. :(

I'm with you on the carbon fibre over silver fake trim. Will probably be getting a few bits on mine re-finished in proper carbon at some stage.

Got a very good quote from a UK based company that send the bits off to Japan for re-finishing. Takes 4-6 weeks, but the results look very good.

Company is called JM Carbon: http://www.jmcarbon.co.uk/custom-carbon-wrapping-18-c.asp

They have done a load of stuff for GTR owners with very positive feedback over on the GTR club forum.

I'm looking at engine cover (picked up a spare from eBay), all the silver fake bits (centre console, 4 door switch covers), front foglight covers, and the rear divider between the seats.

Price all in is £650. When you factor in the shipping, duty, import tax etc, that seems quite reasonable to me.

Do love the look of the rear centre in carbon. Will upload a picture in a second. :)

That does sound cheap...too cheap???

Do they simply wrap the parts you send so not full carbon?

Have to say, it does look good. The fog surrounds will just get pebble dashed with stones fella. May not be worth the effort for those.

Just to add those photos are NOT examples from the company I am talking about. They are just examples I found to show the company what I am looking for.

They believe the finished result will look as good, if not better than what I sent them.

More than happy for you to have a good look at them as and when I get it done fella. :)

Given it's more cosmetic than functional, it's probably going to be done after I get my exhaust changed.

Hoping my annual bonus will give me enough to do a couple of bits. ;)

Am not too bothered by the silver "carbon fibre trims, but always thought the spacer between the rear seats looks like some lump of plastic found in a 1970's scrapyard that happened to fit the space. I don't mind a pointless filler that discourages people from trying to sit on the divider - but did it have to look so cheap and out of place? It surely must have cost a lot of money to find something quite that tacky.

Agree totally.

It also seems to be easily scratched up/scuffed as with mine. :(

I'm also thinking of doing the silver parts of the door handle in body colour. Will ask for a quote when I get the other bits of paintwork done.

More than happy for you to have a good look at them as and when I get it done fella. :)

Given it's more cosmetic than functional, it's probably going to be done after I get my exhaust changed.

Hoping my annual bonus will give me enough to do a couple of bits. ;)

Be good to have a look once you have them.

You still going with whifbitz for your system?

Probably will go with the system they are going to offer mate.

Be good to look at and see yours first though! ;)

Having two firms design and build something can be beneficial in my opinion. I doubt they will differ in any major way, but be nice to see how the two compare.

Price wise they are pretty much identical, but I have the added cost of fuel to get the car over to them to fabricate the first one. :(

One other thing I've noticed is the gearbox isn't the best.

What I mean by that is when kicking down to overtake/accelerate hard, it sometimes doesn't go down to the right gear.

I've had a couple of occasions where it goes too far, and puts me from 7th to 3rd (screams, but not going anywhere fast!), and a couple where I kick down and it goes from 8th to 7th where it needed 5th or 6th at a push.

I'm not sure whether the Apexi Throttle Controller I ordered from the States is going to help with that, but will see if it irons out some of the flat spots with the gearing.

When it works correctly and pulls and pulls all the way through the gears, it's brilliant.

on kick down box on mine is ok, although once or twice its kicked down one more gear that i would have liked, then the tc kicks in. Less revs would have avoided that... If it does kick down enough you can force it via the accelerator; the microswitch at the end of the travel. But you knew that!