Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grateful for any advice

have a very annoying issue with my wipers

on the intermittent wiper setting the wipers don't return to the normal position , instead they are at a vertical position over the window and have to manually returned to the correct position.

the whole settings for the wipers seems to have changed with strange stopping points and the continual wipe just stops on its own until you select the really fast wipe setting to get them started again

another example is after the window wash is spread the wipers take an age to stop

has anyone encountered this problem ?

thanks in advance ?

I haven't noticed anything as bad as the wipers stopping in a vertical position, but I did notice that my wipers did not fully return to the resting position when they were worn and needed replacement. New blades sorted this out.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issues. My lexus is is220d 2007. I have had a talk with a mechanic he said that the nut on the motor my have slipped, Not the wiper arms. I have just got to figure out how to remove all the panals to get to it can any one help?

Not heard of the problem before but normally if the drive is worn you can return the wipers to the park position by moving them by hand, if you can't it would suggest the park switch in the motor itself is playing up.

Picture below might help you get to the mechanism, the plastic panels above are normally held in by plastic screws/push fittings,if you need to remove the wiper arms you may need a puller to so so.

post-12144-0-21003600-1390767863_thumb.p

MY mechanic reckons i need a new wiper motor and linkege ! priced it at lexus £310 !! went online and ive sourced a 2nd hand one for £40.(with 3months warranty) not bad i thought

its just arrived today so i will let you know the outcome

R

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Justin

my motor and linkege arrived 2 days after purchase to sunny NI from england :)

took it to my mechanic who fitted it , he says it was pretty easy to do

and my problem is now fixed !!

really pleased as it was very annoying

£40 well spent on the 2nd hand part of eBay - lexus quoting £310

hope this is of some help

• Thanks 1

• 4 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links