Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Boot Release On Mkii '93

Wonder if you chaps can help here? I have a MkII '93, so far so good - rides beautifully and handles quite well (even my S-class pal thought the ride was better than his). When the engine is running and the vehicle is stationary, I find that I cannot open the boot from inside the car. The only way I can open it is to switch off the engine then pull the boot release. Is it just my car or does all the early models do this?

I have exactly the same problem...most annoying :hehe:

Jusy like when you unlock the car with the remote, open the back door and spend 30 seconds fastening my daughter in the baby seat - then try to open the drivers door but it has locked itself.

It got really worse, about 2 weeks after buying the car I did this and left my keys on the back seat - My daughter thought this was really funny - learning a new "how to open the car door for daddy trick"

The worst 30 minutes I have ever spent in Asda car park :o

We can only open the boot lid from the switch when the engine is switched off and gear lever is in Park position, also our car locks itself if nothing happens after unlock for about 20 seconds or so, got to be extra careful not to lock the keys in the car! :withstupid:

Paul

I have got around the car locking by itself problem by installing an alarm and immobiliser in the car which unlocks/lock/arm/disarms the car. If I go back to using the button on the lexus key then the car will do the old trick. I have also found that as the alarm/immoilizer is connected to the footwell light, when one tries to open the armed and locked drivers door, the alarm goes off. I was impressed. However, this does not settle the problem We are facing with the boot mechanism vis-a-vis engine on/off. Will speak to an electrical engineer I know to see if he can get around the circuitry and make this baby pop.

The dealer when I bought my MkIV said the automatic re-locking of the doors occured only if none of the doors were opened as a security feature.

I haven 't tried opening one of the back doors and seeing if the whole thing locks or not. I'll have to try the remote opening of the boot with the gear in neutral as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links