Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'99 IS200 vs '95 GS300?

M next car will be either an '99-'00 IS200 or a '94-'96 GS300.

Pros and cons?

The reason im asking is cause im not shure if im gonna be comfortable with the power of the 1G-FE engine in the IS200.

Ive done one testdrive...and i must admit i wasnt overwelmed ;-)

Currently owning a 156hp celica,

wich i feel is a tad quicker ;-)

So therefore i thought about the GS300 mk1, with the infamous 2JZ-GE engine ;-)

Downside migth be that it doesnt look as flashy aand new as the IS200...

So what do i do? ;-)

@lpher

list newbie

PS! im sorry if ive offended anyone owning on the mentioned cars...who might disagree with my thinking...

but if so, lets hear it...youre the ones who

know these cars...and it might be wise of me to trust your judgement on these matters ;-)

@lpher

I drove an R reg GS300 and thought it was great for cruising but was a bit weary of throwing it around a bit. I opted for a '99 200 Sport. Don't get on with bigger cars, think they can be awkard to nip around London in.

you guys give fast replys ;-)

hmmm....i tend to lean towards the mk1 GS300...cause im afraid i wont be satisfied with bying a new car with 'less' power than my current one....

what about the interior of the mk1?

designwise...has it aged well?

any links to highres pics perhaps?

thanx for the replys ;-)

1st. Gen GS 300 is a fantastic car.

It's very comfortable. It's fast, luxurious, quiet and ages very well , the interior is still in optimum condition, as well the paintwork. Mine's from 96 with 170000Km on the counter and still running like new.

In sport mode and the trc off, I've beaten a lot of fast BMW, Merc, etc.....Top speed my needle sticks at 245 Km/h.

Yes GS 300 can be your choice.

Just check history etc.....

good luck

yezzzzzzzzzzz:tumble:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links