Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbe, Which Model ?

Astonchap

Hi,

First of all I've owned 2 x Harrier's a RX300 and a RX350 so not new to Lexus. I have been looking at the SC430's and probably going to start and look for one soon. Nothing set yet as year or price range but anything I really need to be aware of when buying ? is there any major model year changes ?

TIA.

Astonchap.

You will need to check over the car for condition and possible previous accident repair damage and a good service history.

They are heavy cars so suspension parts do wear out so listen for any knocks or bangs on the test drive.

Make sure the cam belt is up to date.

Worth a read on the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_SC

Hi,

First of all I've owned 2 x Harrier's a RX300 and a RX350 so not new to Lexus. I have been looking at the SC430's and probably going to start and look for one soon. Nothing set yet as year or price range but anything I really need to be aware of when buying ? is there any major model year changes ?

TIA.

Astonchap.

Good question and an important one..

The model changed in 2006 but the 2006 model was sold in the UK from late 2005.

If you get a 2006 car after March (Cant remember the exact date)it will cost £480ish road tax get one before that and its only £280 ish that's one point. The 2006 model has 6 speeds and upgraded suspension and that's what you want.

The 6 speed gearbox is the best I have ever driven and makes the equivalent BMW one look rubbish.

Mine is November 2005 and its the 2006 (6) model but I do believe you could get one reg Oct 2005 not sure. Prices are more but some people don't know so there may be a bargain to look for. Prices for a late 2005 (6) look like they are holding up very well I bought mine over 2 years ago and I still see them for around £12000 which is what I paid then.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links