Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation Bugs Since The Software Update!

Since having the software update my Home Screen crashes almost every ignition start... but then going into the main menu and selecting nav... then going back to the home screen seems to cure the problem.

This has been fine to live with until Lexus get another fix... but last week I was getting a really strange one. I was about to get on the motorway (M54) at Telford and the sat nave said please take the 18th exit at the roundabout.... there was 6 or so exits on the junction and it wanted me to go around the roundabout three times... Like a fool I did it partly to see what would happen and if it was counting the junctions. I have not been back since so cannot tell if this is a software problem or a mapping problem in general!

I've had the update for a while, and it resolved the Bluetooth audio freezing problem. Today using the nav (which I don't do that often) it wanted me to turn left,left and left again, to get back to exactly the same position. On the screen it was like a square so dead easy to see it was nonsense. I ignored the instructions and it recalculated the route, which seemed to throw it into a tail spin. It couldn't make sense of anything and kept trying to recalculate, so in the end I deleted the route and started again. That did the trick, but it's a bit of a worry. Could just be one of those things I suppose but I don't recall anything like that happening with my 2nd gen 250.

It would be useful to know if others are experiencing similar problems or if these are isolated incidents.

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Tsb/Results?Year=2014&Make=75&Model=2835
TSBID 181293 Contains details of the nav and audio system problems and the update procedure. This relates to the USA system but the problems are similar to those you guys describe and, if nothing else, this tech service bulletin shows Lexus and Denso are aware of the problems and are working on them.

I put up with the sometimes slow responses and occasional crash but yesterday the Bluetooth pairing started to really play up refusing to pair with both of my phones (personal and work) and despite deleting re-pairing and so on it didn't improve.

So on my way home (four hours on our glorious motorways with a pile of voicemail piling up on my works phone) I stopped off at my local dealer (Lexus Chester) who booked it in for an update this morning. Afterwards they advised that it was a really new release that they had used.

So far I've only tried with one phone, but vastly improved on yesterday. Also the system itself seems a bit more fluid, pressing the menu/home buttons calls up the relevant screens a lot faster than before. I guess only time will tell.

Oh one other bug I found which I guess could be in the Satnav data, is that yesterday it advised me to take the 6th exit on a roundabout which only had 3 exits, it wanted me to do an addtional lap of it for some reason. I know that the F Sport handling is fun but when the Satnav wants an extra lap.....

Thanks for the update, that's interesting about the roundabout, somebody else mentioned that on here to. I'm waiting for my dealer to say they have the update available. All very quiet at the moment...

I had the same freezing problem with the original software supplied on my car which I picked up at the end of July with a freeze every few weeks. Also 'Connected Services' never worked. My local dealer updated the software around 3 weeks ago and I've had no incidents of freezing since, and connected services are now working. One small irritation for me is that I wish the red highlight on the Navigation display would remember where it was left when the car is restarted. I reposition it manually every time!

As regards the Satnav comment,s I agree that it cannot be relied upon, and has also given me totally incorrect directions. It could be a great system, but unfortunately has a way to go to match my old TomTom One for accuracy. Also the voice recognition is pretty useless most of the time. For example it refuses to understand a local town name, however if I give the road name and town together it understands!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links