Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Low Washer Fluid Level

So there I was on a longish drive, late with traffic on the M25 heading for Cambridge when on cleaning the windscreen up came the red triangle and

the low washer fluid warning appeared - overriding everything I wanted to see on the readout and annoyingly kept reappearing........ Is there a trick to cancel this

annoying persistence of the warning message which is hardly worth the continuous red triangle!!! Especially as it was raining cats and dogs anyway.....

Is there anything more annoying than running out of washer fluid? Make it a weekly chore…it's 2 minutes tops

You might find the warning light annoying but at this time of year with rain and then plunging temperatures it's downright dangerous not to keep your bottle full.

I'm not sure why you would want to disable something that asists you?

Point is it overrides Everything else. As I said it was pouring with rain anyway and I was late for an appointment on a crowded motorway....... Who decided that low washer fluid was so important that

it can't be turned off! Japanese mentality or American compensation liability?

It is useful reminder and nothing is obscured that matters surely and affects your driving. Fill it every week regardless and the problem will not arise.

Press 'display' on the steering wheel restores what information there is sufficiently to check anything - if it is necessary which I doubt.

I don't like a computer deciding I have to be constantly reminded that my washer fluid is low with no recourse to cancelling the annoying red triangle..........

I use PIAA Silicon wiper blades and as it was raining as well the need for washer liquid was virtually nil. I can switch on and off many functions at will but apparently the

on board computer has decided I need a constant reminder to add liquid to the washer bottle and it proves I am a grumpy old man.......... :driving:

Really check and fill up ones own water bottle you don't have a butler to do those things in this day and age your letting the side down old boy. personally I save money by having my wife check it so I don't get my hands dirty :D :D :D

I have often wondered why cars don't collect rainwater back into the screenwash tank, a simple filter to provide an almost unlimited supply of soft water. Once had a Omega which washed the headlamps every time the screen was sprayed meaning on a bad day it would run out of water quicker than fuel!

• Like 1

I have often wondered why cars don't collect rainwater back into the screenwash tank, a simple filter to provide an almost unlimited supply of soft water. Once had a Omega which washed the headlamps every time the screen was sprayed meaning on a bad day it would run out of water quicker than fuel!

Problem with that is how would you know what dilution to put the antifreeze into it? Also the amount of grit and road dirt washed off by the water would I imagine clog any fliter up in no time at all, probably as much as one fill lasts!

Better to use the water from your condensing tumble drier (if you have one), free and only goes in the iron or down the drain, although I found out that most steam irons nowadays do not like to use pure distilled water, better to use a 50/50 mix if at all as most are designed to use normal tap water now.*

*More domestic tips from a retired grumpy old man tomorrow :D

I am surprised that in this day and age, with the advancement of technology, we still have to rely on wiper blades to keep our windscreens clean.

I guess it would be useful to have some kind of airblade to stop rain from reaching the glasss in the first place, and some advanced non stick coating to prevent dirt from sticking to it.

I think I might just send Mr Dyson an email...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links