Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Osram Night Breaker H11 Upgrade Is250

Spike99

I fitted Osram Night Breaker headlight bulbs this week at a cost of £33 from amazon. Quite a fiddly job as air filter has to be removed to give access to drivers side lamp and washer bottle tube moved for passenger side. Whole job took about an hour and must say can't really see any difference at moment although it has been raining non stop so difficult to judge.

Guest bigbullhead

I found they were whiter in light and were better than standard as my yellow standards were like having side lights on lol I need some more and also I bought the HB3 osram for main beam so will probably do all 4 as once

• 10 months later...

• 4 months later...

There's one somewhere on here can't remember we're tho. Recently the kit failed because someone who borrowed the car broke em somehow. Think I posted on here about it. Since then ive bought an LED bulb kit from the tinternet. After loads of fannying around they just replace the old bulbs and no need for drilling. Look awesome too. And I got the sidelights changed to cree LEDs too.

Yeah they're road legal. Give a better pattern than hid and not blinding. And they come on straight away, no warming up. Dnt know if I'm allowed to tell u we're I got them from but it was HorizonLEDs.

Osram Nightbreakers are just 55w 12v halogen bulbs, so fully legal. Because they are halogen they don't need warm up time that Xenon bulbs do, and the better pattern and non-blinding is down to the fact, again, they're halogen and not Xenon (halogen and Xenon bulbs do not give different light patterns; its the reflector that gives the light pattern. The only difference is that Xenon bulbs are generally unto 300% brighter, so they show up the "problems" of reflector bowl light dispersal). Osram claim their bulbs are an extra 10% brighter, up to 40 m longer beam of light, and up to 20 % whiter light (all compared to standard halogen lamps). But they don't say why their 55w halogen bulbs are brighter, throw further, and are whiter than other 55w halogen bulbs...

I was thinking about going for Nightbreakers as my high beam bulbs, but I think I'll not bother reading they don't last long, especially at their price (£23+ for a pair of HB3's!!!)

All due respect, don't bother with normal bulbs. If you want something like hids then go for LEDs in my opinion. Ive done many cars with his but on my current lex LEDs are the best all round.

I'd like to go LED, but I haven't found seen or been recommended an LED replacement for a halogen that actually even performs as good as a halogen, without costing 10x as much. Can you recommend me an LED replacement for a halogen HB3 that out performs a halogen HB3 in both longevity and visual performance?

Guest bigbullhead

I bought my hid's from HID4U.co.uk and bought H11ULT55W5 error free dipped beam and bought the FOG9006LED12HP-2 for.my fogs total cost 125 pounds delivered but have 2 year guarantee

I'd like to go LED, but I haven't found seen or been recommended an LED replacement for a halogen that actually even performs as good as a halogen, without costing 10x as much. Can you recommend me an LED replacement for a halogen HB3 that out performs a halogen HB3 in both longevity and visual performance?

I've just ordered a set of LED headlamp (H4) bulbs to try out in my Corrado, I'll let you know how they turn out.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC