Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I know we don't really own these cars for mpg figures but it'll be interesting to know what people can get on a run!

I've managed 27.4mpg on a full tank, motorway driving primarily with a few blips coming off slip roads round the roundabouts!

Can anyone beat it?!?

Blimey, how can you get 31.4 on the motorway. Please tell me at what speed were you driving to get 31?

Hmm, maybe my brief motorway excursions should be reduced to 60mph instead 90mph.

23mpg on my last motorway drive. It was not that long though, 20 miles.

Had 36.1mpg over 90 miles - A41, M25, M11, A11. Steady at 65-70 all the way. By the time I got home after a further 40 miles of A roads it was only down to 34mpg. I've also had 31mpg after going 120 miles up the A17 and A1.

If I don't need to get anywhere in a hurry I tend to hold back on motorways so I have more fuel for the 'fun roads'. Plus I don't think the car gives you anything extra when driving on a motorway/dual carriageway at 80+ so I just think 'why bother'.

Normal local running is between 20-25mpg for me and that's with its fair share of 3600rpm+ (you know what that means!)

Just using my ISF for daily drives, supermarket trips etc., I average about 24 mpg (from fuel bought against Odometer readings) but given a heavy boot, the immediate consumption display has gone down as low as 4mpg. MPG is very much down to how it gets driven.

I use Sainsburys 97 RON fuel for convenience although my experiments have shown that "premium" fuels make no difference whatever that can be detected without special measuring equipment to anything except increased cost. In nearly 6 years now there appears to be no adverse effects to using "cooking" fuels.

Interesting figures! I'll be trying harder next time I fill up.

My 27.4 was a mixture of traffic driving for the first 25 miles, then motorway (Nottingham to reading and back) for the remainder. I'm sure low 30s are easily obtainable on a very steady run! (It's hard not to boot it once in a while though!!)

Also use Tesco momentum 99

My best was just under 28 mpg at 80 mph for 3 hrs . I do know that bp fuels and shell do give better mpg than tesco ,asda fuels etc but I use asda so I'm happy with that .i had a brand new is250 advance I traded in for my isf and that only done just under 30 mpg at best so can't complain with my isf .

• 2 weeks later...

I average 18-22 mpg, and it's never really changed between service intervals. Lowest figure recorded was 4 mpg on our gliding club runway when investigating whether the car starts to run out of steam as it approaches its electronically controlled limit (it doesn't by the way, just keeps pulling).

I average 18-22 mpg, and it's never really changed between service intervals. Lowest figure recorded was 4 mpg on our gliding club runway when investigating whether the car starts to run out of steam as it approaches its electronically controlled limit (it doesn't by the way, just keeps pulling).

Naughty boy lol