Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've Taken The Plunge :)

Yes, look forward to seeing the pictures too! I had considered the spoiler myself but having not seen one I did not want to spend the money in case it did not look the business.

Enjoy your car, you will love it.

Just two more sleeps to go :) I must say though, I will miss the RX. She has been really reliable over the past 7 years or so. Just hoping I will manage to get all the gig gear in the IS, it's gonna be cosy but should manage...... I hope!

One more sleep to go.........Sleep!!!! How the hell am I gonna sleep??

Hopefully some pictures will be posted by this time tomorrow :) Just hope everything goes to plan and I don't forget anything !

lol.. i had a terrible nights sleep on friday before i got mine at the weekend... on the plus side i did my first "regular" trip into london today.. Doen the M1, round the north circular and into the office and then back again this afternoon..

BMW 520d used to get me about 45-50 mpg...

Lexus IS 300h today....... 46.2 :-) and petrol is considerably cheaper and the company pay me 24p instead of 14p per mile...

Result..... :driving:

Bridgy, as with you, collect my new car tomorrow. Have already looked at it from outside, but tomorrow is the day where I get to relax into it's ivory leather interior ahead of a run to Bicester and back on Thursday. looking forward it is the understatement of the year. .......

Growing up is way over rated David so I just haven't bothered :) Have a great day tomorrow Alan, I sure intend to, wife at work, day off, new car, open road, I hope they fill it up before the handover!

Normal day at work unfortunately, with meetings in morning and early afternoon, so have to wait until about 4th. At least will be able to enjoy fume free driving through Bristol rush hour traffic!! I can then hit A303 and A34 first thing Thursday morning & glide past Stonehenge serenely and maybe silently!

Bridgy, we went a bit mad last Sept and bought 4 new cars. Bit of a competition around petrol on pickup day:

Vauxhall Adam - less than 1/4 tank

Honda Jazz - 1/2 a tank

Audi A1 - 1/2 a tank

LEXUS - Full to the brim.

Could be a correlation with the price paid, but Lexus win again.

Hope your dealer as good to you as mine was to me.

We'll if the service I have had from the guys at Lexus Hatfield over the past 7 years of RX ownership is anything to go by, I will be very surprised if they don't fill her up. Sounds like it just might be Lexus policy to ensure they maintain their high customer satisfaction ratings. Makes sense. It's little touches like that that make a difference. They don't cost a lot do they?

I'm on my 3rd tank and enjoying the ride so far.

Good to hear so many cars being collected just in time to try out the 'Snow' button! I pressed it today several times, but no snow came - perhaps tomorrow?

The loan Luxury is a treat, but I'm now looking forward to my F Sport even more than before..

Hells teeth F Sport Marcus, don't wish for snow. That button won't make it driveable if my 2nd Gen was anything to go by. You need proper winter tyres IMO.

I'll be leaving my baby on the drive that's for sure.

Meant to say, had a loan car yesterday while they did the latest software update. It was a Luxury and nice as it was, couldn't wait to get back into the F Sport.

Well a big thumbs up to Lexus Hatfield. Full tank of fuel, aluminium briefcase full of cleaning stuff including torch, multitool etc, box of chocks, nice posh Lexus key fob and a Lexus chronograph watch to boot !!! WOW !!! Here are some initial pics for ya although the pics do not do the colour justice, it looks stunning close up

post-13219-0-68853000-1392223093_thumb.j

post-13219-0-02117400-1392223135_thumb.j

Hey DJP, I can't get the custome startup image to work. I've tried two different USB sticks each with a folder calle Image but the option to copy from USB is greyed out. What am I doing wrong. The images are .jpg files. Any ideas?

Yes, I am really pleased I took the chance on the Mesa Red especially as I had not seen one in the flesh. Well chuffed, what a great car, over the moon. Already forgotten how much it cost LOL

Hey DJP, I can't get the custome startup image to work. I've tried two different USB sticks each with a folder calle Image but the option to copy from USB is greyed out. What am I doing wrong. The images are .jpg files. Any ideas?

I've tried it on mine and it's greyed out until you insert the USB. I can only think it doesn't like the USB's you are using. If you can find the section in the manual follow it precisely, it's case sensitive etc etc so it's possible the USB is ok but the folder/file isn't quite right. good luck.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links