Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Check Vsc Warning On Is220D

Spybey

Thanks Steve, I'll try and get it some where tomorrow. Won't be easy as it will only do 30 mph and I don't live near a garage.

Some people say it will be the egr valve and just to clean it out? But I'm no mechanic far from it lol.

Ah ok. For me then I I would take off the egr and clean it as it's only a 45minute job start to finish. Then delete the code using the code reader and see if it comes back on. Also you could try some dpf cleaner, I've never used this but for £10 it's worth a try, I've heard the Wynns DPF cleanner is very good and available from Halfords, but there is a chance your dpf could be too far gone but worth a try!

Excellent! No problem. How badly was it coked up? It's worth doing regularly, it should improve your mpg. The DPF cleanner might also be with doing as a preventative measure

The valve it self wasn't to bad. But where it mounts to was pretty bad. I hadn't noticed a problem with my mpg. I don't travel far in it each day and I get about 33 mpg. On a good run 47 mpg, I know there not to efficient. What does yours average?

That's pretty good then, mine isn't too bad either. I do short journeys and get around 35mpg on average. My valve was replaced in July before I bought the car but I took a look at it last month and it was covered, I'm going to clean it every 3 months as a new one is around 300euros. I use a fuel additive now too as I'm worried about the coke build up and also the dpf. A petrol engined car would suit me more but petrol is a lot more expensive than diesel out here

• Like 1

Scrap that, took the car out this morning and after 5 miles the same error returned and went back into limp mode. So looks like it maybe be the dpf. Is there anything else it could be?

Could the valve be faulty, is there any way of testing it?

If I remove the filter in the dpf will it need remapping straight away, or will I still be able to drive it till I can get it remapped.

It's possible the egr could be faulty but for me I'd say it's the dpf. Try some of that Wynns dpf treatment, you can get it from Halfords or probably most car shops. I think you would need to remove the dpf and have the dpf emulator at the same time if you went down that route

Fingers crossed I think that's has done it. I've had to take the negative Battery terminal off to knock it out of limp mode. Drove it hard for 15 miles and it hasn't come back. Before when I've knocked out of limp mode it would come back on within a mile or two.

While I was at the shop I also got some millers diesel power ecomax, it suppose help the diesel burn cleaner. I'm going to try to use a premium diesel from now on, I've filled with shells power once and noticed a big improvement in power so I guess it burns cleaner. My local garage just sells the usual stuff so will have to take a trip out to fill up.

Excellent! Yeah it's definitely worth getting premium diesel. Did you put the millers in with the DPF cleaner or is that for the next tank? I use Diesel Rhino additive, used it on my old golf and it warmed up quicker, started easier and ran smother. I've heard good reviews about millers too.

I'm going to get some Wynns dpf cleaner and used it every few months/tanks, I'd rather do this than have a massive bill for a new dpf

The millers said not to mix with another additive,so saving for the next tank full. I'm just hoping when I go to work tomorrow it runs fine. I'll let you know how the millers goes, thanks for all your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Well second day running the millers Eco max at double dose. First day once it started to pull through I noticed a big difference, much smoother, pulls easier in lower revs. But the tank average mpg was being vey erratic. Jumping from 28 mpg to 24 within a second. Today still seems to have the extra grunt and the tank mpg seems to have settled down to an average of around 29.4 mpg. The bottle says it takes 200 miles to fully get going but from what I've seen so far I can only recommend it. I just hope as the dpf and engine get cleaner the mpg gets back to where it was.

I was reading a thread on tuning boxes earlier, I see you've fitted one not long ago, how is that going?

Good news then! Hopefully it will continue to improve though as 29mpg is still pretty low - even for this car! I'm averaging 36mpg with a mostly town driving.

I haven't driven much with the tuning box, maybe 100 miles, the computer shows a big increase in mpg but these boxes always throw them out so i wont know until i refuel and work it out. Driving wise it's made the car much nicer and normal to drive, there is still some turbo lag but much less now. Pulling away from junctions is a lot less scary and it now pulls really well through the gears.

I'm still using Diesel Rhino fuel additive and it seems to be doing a good job, last tank i still averaged 36mpg when the car only did short journeys, The tank before was 36mpg and mostly motorway miles. I'm looking forward to seeing the EGR to see if the additive helps this! This is my forth tank and the effects are suppose to show more after the third! We'll see!

Sounds good then. I know what you mean I've had a couple of arse clenching moments pulling out on to round abouts if the revs haven't been high enough. Let me know how it goes on the mpg front, as I've been looking at these since I bought the car.

Really hope the mpg gets back to where is should, I take it if it doesn't the DPF is past hope. Been looking at emptying the dpf and fitting an emulator, seems a few people have done this.

If I had dpf problems I think I'd go for an emulator and dpf removal, new dpf's are far too expensive. The car would probably drive much better without it too! Yeah I'll let you know how it goes, it could be some time before I finish the tank though as I'm not doing many miles at the moment