Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Springs

jac114

jac114,have you done this before?

some struts you can drop straight out,not sure on yours

if you need a set of spring clamps,i have a set you can borrow.

Anyway, once strut is off just clamp springs,undo top mount and release spring

replace new spring, reconnect shock to top strut,bolt up bottom.....job done

dont forget the pics

WHY NOT?

a. I'm mechanically inept

b. I'm mechanically inept

c. I'm just not prepared to play around with any 'major' mechanicals on my car because:

d. I'm mechanically inept

e. If i messed it up, I'd be in big trouble

Did I mention I'm mechanically inept?

Ive just done mine today.took me from 10:30am till about 6pm.I used PI springs which i got off a dealer on the gold forums once youve done one side the other side takes half the time because you know wat your doing the second time round,pretty basic job really,but the struts can be a bit ov a pain to wangle out past the hubs.if i was going to do it again ide remove as much of the hub asseblies as i could because it woudlve saved me quite a bit if time.oh and make sure youve got sum1 to help you,its deffo a 2 man job.the car doesnt seemed to have dropped as much as i would like but from past experiance it takes at least a week just to bed down,cant really notice any change in the comfort but handeling is deffo imroved.all in all a cheap and very affective mod,should be done to all IS's.i also fitted mt Peco BB4 today and im not very impressed yet but like the springs they also take a few weeks to get carboned up and just get better and better.Hope this helps :)

Ive just done mine today.took me from 10:30am till about 6pm.I used PI springs which i got off a dealer on the gold forums once youve done one side the other side takes half the time because you know wat your doing the second time round,pretty basic job really,but the struts can be a bit ov a pain to wangle out past the hubs.if i was going to do it again ide remove as much of the hub asseblies as i could because it woudlve saved me quite a bit if time.oh and make sure youve got sum1 to help you,its deffo a 2 man job.the car doesnt seemed to have dropped as much as i would like but from past experiance it takes at least a week just to bed down,cant really notice any change in the comfort but handeling is deffo imroved.all in all a cheap and very affective mod,should be done to all IS's.i also fitted mt Peco BB4 today and im not very impressed yet but like the springs they also take a few weeks to get carboned up and just get better and better.Hope this helps :)

good man,cheers :)

Go for Eibachs - you can't go wrong. And Craig, TTE do lowering springs for yours too mate........ ;)

Well like i sed i used the Pi's and the comfort level feels exactly the same,and they are prolly the cheapest ov the springs available and im not sure but i think Pi's go the lowest.....well they deffo go lower than eibachs anyway ;)

Go for Eibachs - you can't go wrong.  And Craig, TTE do lowering springs for yours too mate........  ;)

Well like i sed i used the Pi's and the comfort level feels exactly the same,and they are prolly the cheapest ov the springs available and im not sure but i think Pi's go the lowest.....well they deffo go lower than eibachs anyway ;)

Great to hear it pal - Each to their own eh? :D

Spax, Eibach, PI, H&R, TTE, TRD, HKS all do springs for the IS........ Each has different levels of comfort and drops......... :)

The TTE springs for the IS and GS are re-badged Eibachs and lower by 30mm.

The GS Sport is lowered by 25mm. I don't know if they use the same springs? Maybe the shocks are also different on the sport which is why the drop is not 30mm?

The IS300 is 15mm lower than the IS200.

The new GS sport (July 2003) is 20mm lower than the standard GS.

I installed the Eibachs on my GS300. It improved body roll and the car looked better but crashed over bumps (slightly more than the stock ones). It always felt that the springs didn't suit the shocks.