Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Discs/pads Pagid Or Mintex?

janet

Blimey,it's almost as painful as choosing tyres!!!......Front Discs and Pads, Pagid (£108) or Mintex (£79),

Nope I don't want brembo, or slotty holey ones, just normal ones that stop me (!)....anyone any experience of these options to help me make my mind up, I'm good at great big decisions, it's these little ones that are a pain!

Thanks IHgs300,

petayV8.......er the pagid are not ceramic, and I can't find a price less than about £90-100 for ceramic pads, surely these are super duper spec ones at that price, and the Mintex you say are ok are not ceramic??

Still confused, but looks like Pagid for me!?

I am currently running Pagid discs and pads at all 4 corners. and cant fault them. I did run Mintex a while back at the rears and it didn't last that long to be honest. but next time I need pads I personally will stick with Toyota's parts as that's what was engineered for the car and run Pagid discs with them.

lexus bham eBay store is cheaper than pagids at euro car parts for front pads.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Lexus-Front-Brake-Pads-IS200-IS300-/170900442048?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ca75cbc0

I am currently running Pagid discs and pads at all 4 corners. and cant fault them. I did run Mintex a while back at the rears and it didn't last that long to be honest. but next time I need pads I personally will stick with Toyota's parts as that's what was engineered for the car and run Pagid discs with them.

lexus bham ebay store is cheaper than pagids at euro car parts for front pads.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Lexus-Front-Brake-Pads-IS200-IS300-/170900442048?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ca75cbc0

Toyota pads are re branded akebono i believe and are brilliant

Well,yet again big thanks guys, I'm sorted.......had a look at the birmlex eBay site as suggested....chatted with Lex in Derby and they will match the price, I will be poppin' in tomorrow to collect....not pagid or mintex either...typical!

• 1 month later...

How will the pagid pads or original Lexus pads work with an uprated drilled/grooved discs such as brembo or would it be better to run brembo pads aswell,mine is a turbo'd car so need a bit extra over the standard brake discs/pads.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.Lee.

Hi Guys

Thought i'd give my input into my recent experience with brakes. Well i needed my front discs/pads changing so i figures upgrade all 4 corners. After much research, i ended up going for MTEC Discs (Drilled and Grooved) with Mintex pads.

Firstly i noticed uneven deposit on one rear disc and felt slightly dimpled which caused some judder on applying the brakes (indicating it is coming from the rear brakes). Also looked like the pad was wearing quite quickly, but that could be me!

Ended up putting the original rear disc on that corner and the judder still ocurrs. Have got a replacement disc from the manufactuer so i will probably put that on with the original pads (which has plenty of life) and see if the problem disappears.

The judder does get annoying and i've just started hearing a clunking noise coming from front on tapping the brakes as i pull off arrrggghhh!! Could be bushes or ball joint!??

Long story short, i can see why spending a few extra quid on genuine parts avoids this agro!