Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello.

I've recently had my Battery out for a charge which upset the immobiliser, preventing me from starting the engine until I'd reset it (ignition on for 6 minutes, learnt from the forums, thank you). But now, the steering column won't lower when the key is inserted, the key blipper won't lock/unlock the car and the memory seat function has stopped working. Is this all down to the same thing? Any help would be much appreciated.

You're not the only one to experience this lately, and it all seems to point to the Battery. Although you've charged it, is it a good one, have you had it tested? It does seem that with one duff cell the electrical system can go nuts, but is remedied by a new Battery. Well worth getting it checked I would say.

Agree, a stress test on Battery will reveal whether you have a collapsed or collapsing cell. (Take it to someone who who can test it, or see friendly AA, RAC man who might test it for a cup of tea)

what generally happens is that even a minor change in current draw cause the plates in the duff cell to short and so voltage drop is instant and causes the LS to hiccup.

had this with my previous LS, and yet the Battery worked fine in my garage powering all sorts of things for hours on end, but not my LS.

Thank you for your replies but I think it may have something to do with the car no longer recognising the master key as all the glitches have something to do with the key (steering column won't lower when it's inserted, blipper not working and the personal settings of the seat). I'll try reprogramming it and see how far I get!

Yes, it was me. See my thread 'Electrical Glitch' (1st January, I think) for the full story. I had a number of weird and apparently unconnected electrical failures, but disconnecting the Battery, charging it fully and reconnecting it reset everything. Best of luck, anyway.