Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi this is my first post as I've just became the proud owner of a 2009/2010 IS 220d. I would like to know is there a way of heating the cabin without using the air con as this uses a lot more fuel. Thanks

Ofcourse you can use it without AC, just choose where you want it to blow, how fast, and set temperature. And if AC sign turn on, turn it off, it should continue working.

I got with Navigatio on touch screen, so it is different if you dont have Navigation I guess.

Hope it will help you

Some years ago, when living in the USA, I found that, on many American cars, turning on screen demist would automatically turn on aircon as this tends to dry out the air and help with the demist process. Another benefit of turning on the aircon during cooler times is to help keep seals lubricated and prolong the life of the aircon unit. Aircon clearly uses some fuel but I don't know that it's a lot and it could well be that the small cost of extra fuel is offset by faster, and hence and safer, demisting, and by prolonging the life of a very expensive aircon unit.

I get this problem too but just after the air con is switched off, I also get it if the re-circulation is constantly on but this is to be expected as no fresh air is entering the car so moisture can build up

• 1 month later...

I have a IS200d and I have switched off the AC but my windows dont steam up, I got the temp to 23 degrees with the fan set low-medium(depending on how cold it is) also i have set the heat (from the navi screen) to blow down to legs up to front window (if the makes sence - its last option) also i have the air vent position in the following positons:

- Front right hand side (driver side) - Facing front drivers side window

- Front Right Middle facing me the driver

- Front Left Middle facing the passenger

- Front Left handside (passenger side facing front passenger side window

Hope that helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links