Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2007 Ls600H Are There Any Problems?

Johnny B

Hi I am considering updating from a LS 400 to a LS 600 H. I have been offered a 2007 model with 85000 miles on the clock. Is there anything that I should look out for? Any advice or thoughts appreciated.

None so far on mine. Have a descent test drive in both the 460 and the 600. If you are certain that the smaller boot space will not be an issue then go for it. In my view both cars are excellent.

None. We also have not had any issues with our 2006 RX400h. If it has full Lexus history (check with a dealer - Lexus do offer a diluted service plan - you do not want that with this vehicle). It is important that the big services have been carried out in full. Also check that any recalls were carried out - again a Lexus dealer can confirm (Assuming you are not buying from Lexus). If you are buying from Lexus, their one year warranty provides a very good level of confidence. If you are not buying from a Lexus dealer but it has Lexus service history, I think you can still get the Lexus warranty for peace of mind.

The hybrid gives it extra power but without a hefty sacrifice on economy overall. Yet, it is just as wonderful to drive at 30mph as it is at 80mph. Plus it's 4 wheel drive. I have not bothered much with the power button. It is powerful enough in normal mode. I was very impressed with it when I hit a patch of black ice on a country road bend last month. Very impressed indeed. The electrics worked wonders with the wheels.

Thanks for help. I was a little concerned that as the car aged the hybrid parts would deteriorate - and cost a fortune to repair/replace. The car is for sale from a Toyota (not Lexus ) dealer. They traded it in against a new Toyota. It was not a car previously know to them. I will have to check about any warrenties. All being well on that front I think I will take the car.

• 2 months later...

If you buy from toyota beware the warranty they offer isn't as comprehensive. I bought a 2009 toyota and extended warranty only to find it was a different warranty and didn't cover half as much. Took a lot of fighting to get repairs carried out.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's any help to you I bought a 20,000 miler GS450 hydrid 5 years ago as my every day driver, now on 191,000 with no issues, batteries charge as quickly and hold the charge as well as ever,I do consider a LS 600 but can not justify a change as the GS still performs perfectly. I extended the Lexus warranty until no longer offered but am now running on a prayer.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately the car I was looking at was withdrawn from sale as one of the garage sales staff decided to keep the car for themselves! So the search goes on. I think I will go for a good LS 600H.

Hi, bought my LS600hl 3 weeks ago from a main Honda dealer, 1 previous owner, flsh, he traded it for a Honda Cr-v. 2009 registered with 75k miles. After 1k miles one of the rear shock absorbers has gone and the cost of replacement is a healthy £1300. Wear and tear item not covered by the Honda warranty I purchased for £249.

Buying a Lexus, same rules apply as for any other make. Check everything thoroughly.

Now; pass me that gun!!!!

Unfortunately the recent state of our roads, coupled with ill thought out speed humps and chicanes, will only serve to excercerbate the levels of financial hardship that motorists will have to endure from suspension problems.

Parts of my route to work make my car feel like a wheelbarrow when I cannot avoid the bad stretches due to oncoming traffic.