Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Classic 160Gb Freezes

Hi, I waited 6 months for my 2014 IS 300h F Sport and it was worth the wait. It's exciting every time I sit in it.....

But I have one small issue. When drving along listening to a libray of approx 22,000 songs on my iPod Classic 160gb the device constantly freezes and I have to pull out the USB connection and reset the device. I have tried reducing the number of songs stored gradually and now down at 7000 and it is still happening. It happens at least twice or three times a day.

Anyone got any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks...

Mark, I bet that 6 months crawled by! Looks like a Sonic Titanium same colour as mine? Have you checked with the dealer whether the car has the latest software update? As you'll see from some of the posts there have been a number of issues, including freezing audio/dropouts etc.

Mine was ok via USB but with Bluetooth stopped after 5 mins and I had to press play on the Iphone to restart. The first update solved this problem.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the replies. I tried that but no joy. I could not get past the fourth song on my iPod without it freezing. I turned off all the artwork options in the car.

BUT..... I think I have it now.......

I found a forum that mentioned the artwork stored on the device. So I opened the iPod on my computer and in the hidden folders on the device I found another folder of artwork. I deleted everything in this off the device. I am now on track number 19 and no freezing or crashing so far. Fingers crossed tomorrow will bring further good news.

Thanks all who write on these forums, there really is some great helpers.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 10 months later...

I had the same problem - using 160GB Ipod with over 20000 tracks and artwork - I tried a few things but still had the problem until (3) which fingers crossed seems to have done the trick

(1) Turned Artwork Off in car media centre - problem came back pretty quick

(2) In addition to (1), deleted artwork off ipod (enable disk use in itunes when Ipod is connected, then in Windows Explorer find your ipod drive there should be a folder called "ipod control" (it may be hidden) open it and there should be one called "Artwork" - open it and delete contents. This worked for a couple of weeks then the ipod froze again.

(3) In addition to (1) and (2) I also changed the USB connector cable from a cheap extendable one I brought for 2p on eBay back to the original apple cable.

Since then for the last couple of months I've had no issues and haven't had to reduce the number of tracks. What you need to remember to do is every time you synch your ipod with Itunes it will recreate the Artwork folder contents (see (2)) - just redelete them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links