Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

...... we could be if all the people who have been adversely affected report him to Trading Standards

there's probably more than enough evidence with this forum to mount an investigation that could be pursued to prosecution.

Malc

I have already reported him to Trading Standards over a car which miraculously lost over 100,000 miles. I checked with the guy he bought it from and he confirmed that the mileage was now wrong by around 100,000 miles and they did nothing. He has been reported to eBay for trading as a private person and descriptions that are so far from the truth they are just works of pure fiction and nothing has been done.

Cant hurt though to keep putting his name up in front of the various agencies which includes the Police. Clocking a car is a criminal offence punishable by spells in prison.

Mike

• Like 1

Very true Mike, he doesn't mention if it needs a cambelt but probably received a receipt in the service history showing a recent replacement :)

Ring whoever fitted the cambelt and check with them. Mike

...... we could be if all the people who have been adversely affected report him to Trading Standards

there's probably more than enough evidence with this forum to mount an investigation that could be pursued to prosecution.

Malc

petrolhead222 ............ how about suing him thru the Small Claims Court procedure for his breach of verbal contract ? This would stop him dead in his tracks and you would probably get somewhere useful. Also report him to the police for theft too AND bring to their notice his illegal activities of " clocking " the miles on cars generally. And also tell your local Trading Standards what you're doing.

And if you're a RAC or AA Member then I would get them on-side too.

And your local MP ( if he's honest )

Malc

"Verbal contract" as such is not legally bounding today.. My grandfather, a respected businessman, told me how back in his day it was the most common form of legal agreement and i often wonder what's gone wrong with the world since then..

Taking a dodgy car trader to court without solid legal case is a waste of time and money. Your word against his.

I personally would look him up and beat my plates out of him :D yes it sounds barbaric and rude (and i do not advise You to do that) but i have learned some lessons in life, that certain people must be spoken to in a certain way.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I see the new owner of a car lexuschap had for sale is selling the ls400. Theres abitwhere he states he was told it full lexus service history, but after checking the service history it doesn't have full lexus Service history. Why am I not suprised

I remember lots of complaints about this fellow back in 2004 when I had a Soarer, a beautiful car with the same engine as the LS400 which never emitted much more than a whisper. Having had a bite of the cherry I'm now after an LS400 to alleviate the stresses of the road.

Right guys, I posted this in a topic not long ago, he had a black coloured LS400 for sale and people were 'comparing' it to my one. He buys his cars from a auction where I get my cars from. I checked the price of that lexus with similar ones and they were selling for MORE than the price that he was selling it for on eBay. I know he gets them from that specific auction because he had 'accidently' left one of the stickers on another car had for sale. There was obviously something wrong with the car he was selling, too cheap. Stay away from him, doesent look good.

Be very wary of any cars with the ID huzzy_sal = lexuschap they are one of the same.

I noticed this a couple of days ago on eBay, green 400 and a gold one, same area, same advert style, and loves a multi coloured font lol

• Like 1

Because at some stage his lexuschap name get so well known for bad things that he has to change it. The name he is using now has had no feedback added to it in a year. He has several of these accounts. eBay may also be getting on his back for his total disregard to any of the rules. Mike

The name he is using now has had no feedback added to it in a year.

He has had feedback four times in the last year for car sales, all positive. Lexuschap has also had four positive feedbacks for car sales - three Lexuses and a Mazda - in the last year.

I really really dislike this witch-hunt against this guy or guys. One member is suggesting physical violence against him (I reported that to the mods but didn't even get the courtesy of a reply, so I suppose threatening language is OK here); another says beware, he sold a car for less than he paid for it at auction - what exactly is the complaint here?; another says he has had no recent feedback but clicking on his username shows you that he has.

Let me tell you a little story. I have sold two cars on eBay in the last couple of years, one for my daughter and one for my son. My daughter's Berlingo was serviced and checked over at a good independent local garage before putting it up for sale. Geezer bought it without a test drive, called a couple of hours later and said it had developed a fault which I must have known about. I got the garage to call him (they insisted they had detected no problem, and I never even drove the car personally), but he still left nasty feedback on eBay. My son's Audi A3 was main dealer serviced before the sale. Geezer took it for a test drive, drove away, two weeks later said it had a fault that I must have known about. Again, I got the dealer to talk to him, they had detected no problem, but he still left very nasty feedback.

The moral of the story is that even the most honest of people can appear to be a dodgy dealer. My feedback has had at the same time two car sales negatives, making me look like an absolute a***hole. Both times the car sold for quite a bit below market, had been serviced and checked over, and as far as I know was straight and true.

It's very easy to get worked up into a rage against someone, but things here with Lexuschap have gone too far. I bought an LS400 off him - so, unlike virtually everyone commenting on him, I have actually met him and done business with him - and it was a good deal with a very nice bloke. If you sort through all the stuff that has been written about him, as far as I can make out one member is pretty sure that he mis-described a car's mileage. That's it.

If that makes him despicable, then what am I?

The name he is using now has had no feedback added to it in a year.

He has had feedback four times in the last year for car sales, all positive. Lexuschap has also had four positive feedbacks for car sales - three Lexuses and a Mazda - in the last year.

I really really dislike this witch-hunt against this guy or guys. One member is suggesting physical violence against him (I reported that to the mods but didn't even get the courtesy of a reply, so I suppose threatening language is OK here); another says beware, he sold a car for less than he paid for it at auction - what exactly is the complaint here?; another says he has had no recent feedback but clicking on his username shows you that he has.

Let me tell you a little story. I have sold two cars on eBay in the last couple of years, one for my daughter and one for my son. My daughter's Berlingo was serviced and checked over at a good independent local garage before putting it up for sale. Geezer bought it without a test drive, called a couple of hours later and said it had developed a fault which I must have known about. I got the garage to call him (they insisted they had detected no problem, and I never even drove the car personally), but he still left nasty feedback on eBay. My son's Audi A3 was main dealer serviced before the sale. Geezer took it for a test drive, drove away, two weeks later said it had a fault that I must have known about. Again, I got the dealer to talk to him, they had detected no problem, but he still left very nasty feedback.

The moral of the story is that even the most honest of people can appear to be a dodgy dealer. My feedback has had at the same time two car sales negatives, making me look like an absolute a***hole. Both times the car sold for quite a bit below market, had been serviced and checked over, and as far as I know was straight and true.

It's very easy to get worked up into a rage against someone, but things here with Lexuschap have gone too far. I bought an LS400 off him - so, unlike virtually everyone commenting on him, I have actually met him and done business with him - and it was a good deal with a very nice bloke. If you sort through all the stuff that has been written about him, as far as I can make out one member is pretty sure that he mis-described a car's mileage. That's it.

If that makes him despicable, then what am I?

I hear what you say but the facts are their if care to look for them One in particular when he bought an LS400 with galactic mileage on it which was backed up by the guy that sold it to him but then mysteriously appeared on eBay a couple of days later minus 150,000 miles. I suppose he could have driven it backwards for a period of time but this I doubt. His history is there for you to find if care to look for it but you seem not to want to not acquaint yourself with that side of lexuschap. Nearly all his feedback is written by himself the prices that appear to show what he sold it for are also fictitious, I could go on and on. As an LOC member you should be glad that these dishonest dealers are bought to the attention of the membership. You had a good experience so you say but there are plenty that haven't.

As for your dealings with selling cars through eBay. You are not an unregistered eBay dealer selling dozens of cars and your experience has no bearing on the subject of lexuschap.

His ID that he using at the moment huzzy=sal has had no feedback left on it for up to a year. If it was just a few months it would show how many months the last FB was left.

As for his Lexuschap FB its just a work of pure fiction.

If his trading is so clean why does he have to change his ID? No honest trader has to do it.

His dishonest dealings are archived on here and are there for all to read. I will continue to warn the membership of his dealings and you should perhaps be relieved that you didnt have a bad experience with him. Mike

• Like 2

Agree with bluesman. He also an ls430 with over 280000 miles on it, but again he must have been driving backwards because it came down to 135000. Oh and how many times has he changed his name now? I've lost count

Agree with bluesman. He also an ls430 with over 280000 miles on it, but again he must have been driving backwards because it came down to 135000. Oh and how many times has he changed his name now? I've lost count

This is still just one issue - the disputed mileage. That's it. All the rest of it is rumour and gossip. Pretty malicious too, involving threats of violence.

"Nearly all his feedback is written by himself the prices that appear to show what he sold it for are also fictitious." OK, give us some evidence!

This is still just one issue - the disputed mileage. That's it. All the rest of it is rumour and gossip. Pretty malicious too, involving threats of violence.

"Nearly all his feedback is written by himself the prices that appear to show what he sold it for are also fictitious." OK, give us some evidence!

None of it is rumour or gossip the facts are there do yourself a favour and look into the archives his dishonest doings are there in chapter and verse.

You seem not to want to read the history of lexuschap that are already on the forum,incidentally a forum he joined for a brief period where he was given the chance to defend himself against all the allegations that are on the LOC but his replies soon just descended in to a torrent of abuse and threats, he was then banned. It was not the behavior of an innocent and genuine motor trader that sells on eBay as a NON REGISTERED TRADER which is against the rules of eBay but these days they don't seem to care.

He will eventually get what is due to him one day as people that trade dishonestly are eventually caught. Mike.

"None of it is rumour or gossip the facts are there do yourself a favour and look into the archives"

I have. I followed this thread since it started because I had done business with Lexuschap, and was interested in what people had to say. All there is is someone's mate who thinks the mileage must have been mis-described. That's all. That could be a genuine mistake. All the rest is "it's against eBay rules" stuff which is hardly an indictable offence. If you think it is a big deal, go and talk to eBay about it and let us know when you've sorted him out.

If you think there's more, then show us - actual facts I mean.

Even if the fiddling with mileage is the only indisputable case - that on it's own is enough reason to stay well clear.

As far as I know, it isn't indisputable. The mileage may have been mis-described, but that could be a genuine mistake. Fair play, benefit of the doubt, all that stuff....

A genuine mistake having the mileage messed with? He's done this couple of times, on one of his ads he didn't even say there was anything wrong with the car, he made out it was mint etc, and it needed vsc sensor, rear door wouldn't open ot close, cd player didn't work and service history didn't ad up.

And it's funny he's always got an invoice for a cambelt change.

I think you need to read through it all again.

Dear Clunkfish. You need to read the archive threads not just what has been written on this thread go back months and you will find it all there I have no intention of doing it myself.

I myself have reported him dozens of times to eBay but they don't give a damn I reported him to Trading Standards West Midlands and despite them promising they would investigate it they didn't and when I asked why? they said they wouldn't move on anything unless they got at least 20 complaints about any business as they are far to busy. Typical government agency, bone idle and the same goes for the Police in the West Midlands. This is how criminals like lexuschap are able to function but one day they will over step the mark once to often sell a car to the wrong person and he will get what he deserves.

This is my final response to you clunkfish on this subject because all that is happening is that you will not read the historic archives and all we are doing is "oh yes he did, oh no he didn't" and that is not a a reasoned argument. Mike.

• Like 1

Devils Advocate Alert...

I am not standing for or against this person so do not think i am either way.

I will use the wording ALLEGED as without documented visual proof of conviction i will not say guilty or innocent, so in my eyes i will take the UK legal stance, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Lets forget the vsc sensor, door not closing or the few other issues for now but concentrate on 1 only, mileage.

It is a criminal offence to tamper with the mileage on any vehicle that is UK registered and for use on public roads.

So if any ALLEGED proof of this person tampering is there, then please tell the Police, they are the ones who need to know.

The other bits are covered here...

The sales of goods act 1979 is your friend if you have already purchased the vehicle and it is not as described, fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality. Know your rights

Advertising a car with incorrect information also falls under the Advertising Standards Authority, so any issue you have proof of then you need to contact them. They can take action if they feel the advertiser mislead customers with the advert.

eBay and Trading standards can't prosecute a criminal act, Trading standards will operate with the police.

Trading standards won't move on 1 complaint, if everybody made 1 complaint they would never get anything done so they have to have guidelines.

eBay can block an account if they feel it is against the rules, but they cannot stop the same person opening another or several under different names.

So playing lexuschap or whatever he calls himself tennis with each other isn't solving anything, in fact it is annoying people, look to the facts and inform the relevant people, not eBay or trading standards, the police are the lads to fix it if the guilt is there.