Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 400 Or Is300 Conversion For Is200

lewis gibbo

Because I like toying with cars lol i was going to get an IS300 but there a none for sale so went for the next best thing I just need a list of parts I'd need for the conversion and weather i need to modify mounts etc I'm not clued up on lexus's to be honest I had a micra running at near the 300bhp mark after I'd finished with it though :L hope to get something insane out of the lexus too

Not worried about insurance mate what would I need to drop a supra engine in? I could just go to a garage and say make that fit in there but I want to have a pop at it myself lol just need a parts list for the Conversion tbh cheers for the replys :)

I think the best is probably a LS400 engine (1UZ), it's been done before. Would make the IS a really fun car with a 4.0 V8 under the bonnet.

Pros - The engine is very cheap, it can handle power and it's light.

Cons - Finding somebody to do the swap, parts for the conversion are quite expensive and there's not much support for mods.

I can do the swap myself its just wiring etc that I'm not clued up on and that would be the main thing :( i agree 4 ltr v8 would be extremely fun especially if supercharged aswell lol but saying that so would a twin turbo supra engine :L i just think it would be awesome to pull up next to a scoob or something in a is200 and smoke the **** out of it haha

Thor racing based in Coventry would be able to help. http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/ what power you kinda looking at as if its anything within the 200 - 225 bhp then you can supercharge your existing engine this will be the easiest as I believe that's if you can source the supercharge parts as they are quiet rare at the moment. others have also done the 1JZ-GTE, 2JZ-GTE swap both of which are Supra/Aristo engines others have also done the V8 swap from the GS/LS 400's with this engine producing near to 300bhp with monster tourque available from idle, this will make it a sleeper plus you wont have to worry about turbo lag or replacing turbos plus engine will last longer aswell being all NA. check out this guys swap from US. but thor racing will be your best bet in terms of information and parts you need to do the swap as they have experience in V8 swaps.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~bedellracing/v8swap/

Cheers guys I'm trying to find a suitable engine as we speak harder than it looks to be honest, I'll give thoroughly a ring and see what info they have also iv just come across this on eBay.251460196563 what do yous think? Can't be any good surely

Interesting turbo IS on EBay though.....

If its the blue one thats been on for a few months now its had some serious cash spent on it, there was a black turbo on a few weeks ago that got sold quick it was lovely

I was looking into that blue one coz it looks amazing but i would like to do it myself that way I can say iv put my stamp on the car lol iv been speaking to roger at sj performance he really nos his stuff and has pointed me in the right direction so hopefully I'll get started on it soon :)