Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod, Aux And Usb Issues - Lexus Is200 Se (05 Plate With Sat Nav)

Mighty1

Hi all,

I am a keen MP3 listener, and wanted to connect my iPod Touch (4 Generation) and have access to an AUX and USB inputs too.

I have a Lexus IS200 SE (05 Plate) with the original Sat Nav, and wanting to know if there are any interface devices out there that can be installed in to the original head unit - I quite like unit that came with the car and didn’t want to install a new double din head unit, I also love the original Sat Nav that came with it too.

I was looking in to purchasing the Parrot mki9200 device professionally:

http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/hands-free-car-kits/parrot-mki9200

But, I have been advised by a reliable source who contacted Autoleads and a few other reputable companies, that due to the Sat Nav in the car, there are no SOT cables that are available for a Lexus with a Sat Nav, but plenty available for the Lexus head unit without the sat nav on the IS200.

So its either having sat nav or losing the functionality of it, which I dont want as I love the GPS system.

I am also happy not to have the Parrott kit, and to replace this with an interface that can support iPod, USB and AUX connectivity (which sits behind the head unit/ behind/side of the glove box) such as 'XCarLink' and to use the original head units buttons to access the playlists and switch between the songs, but again, I was advised that I would lose the functionality of the CD player in the car.

Could anyone please advise if this can be possible or if anyone has managed to get by this problem that I am facing, and provide places/parts that I require to fit this in to my car?

Thanks and Regards

Get your self a Grom kit, they now do them that support usb and Bluetooth!

Had one before i swapped over to a mech less Sony unit, and if i went back to the standard headunit i would have a Grom kit without hesitation!

10-15 mins to fit and you wont lose the satnav!

http://www.gromaudio.co.uk/

• Like 1

In addition jomo,

You stated that it takes 10-15 mins to fit, could you advise how to take the entire centre console out ?

Sorry about all the questions.... Im a novice at all this, and dont want the risk of damaging anything in the car!

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the video matt-c.

Just a quick one... in the video, the car setup did not have a sat nav installed. However, I do have this fitted, so is there a different procedures when removing this, or does the same apply by pulling this unit towards you and up to get this out and get to the bolts ?

Thanks and Regards

Only difference with sat nav is the top section. On the nav model, open the screen up, and you'll see a smallish cover where the screen folds down. Open this, there are two screws beneath it. Remove them, and then pull out the whole top section as per the video

When i sold my grom to a friend who's is200 had satnav it was only 2 more screws and a cable extra to tackle, only took me about 10mins to fit and reinstall every thing, but i'v had the stereo out of mine a few times so was a dab hand at it lol.

Much appreciated matt-c and jomo on your replies - Im going to look in to this further over the next couple of weeks.

Im also waiting on a couple of quotes, as I do like the Parrot MKI-9200 device, so once I have them, I will consider my options.

Regards for now

I have a IS200 nav too and have a yatour which is the same type device as a grom. I always wanted to keep mine original too and can report it is a excellent device and works great along side voice commands from the satnav just as normal. I can control my ipod nano from the headunit and have it in the car all the time velcro'd by my shift selector. excellent quality and im a bit of a audiophile.

however ide actually advice against the cheaper yatour as ive recently discovered they have not offered a update for upcoming IOS versions so my wifes Iphone no longer works via apple connector but can use the jack but no charging. so go for a GROM

i should add you do need a splitter connection from GROM for use with a nav IS200 as there are 2 or 3 i believe wires for vioice command and beep in addition but i actually just modified the pinout with the connection it came with because i couldnt be bothered to wait for them to send one. but just get them to send one with it as its much simpler

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links