Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Saw My First Is Today

Had my IS300H since early July 2013 and not seen another one in or around Bristol. Went to Swindon today and saw my first one east bound on the M4 about 4 miles east of J19 Saturday 21st around 13.30. White, same as mine, was it anybody on here?

I had a IS300h courtesy car on Friday and have not seen any on the roads of Glasgow. I also drove to Newcastle and back on Saturday and still did'nt see any. They are lovely cars and real head turners. I was however surprised that the luxary version I had did not have electric seats. Strange for £36K

I had a IS300h courtesy car on Friday and have not seen any on the roads of Glasgow. I also drove to Newcastle and back on Saturday and still did'nt see any. They are lovely cars and real head turners. I was however surprised that the luxary version I had did not have electric seats. Strange for £36K

Neither does BMW, Audi or Mercedes. And £36k for the Luxury? Its more like £30k?

DJP

Maybe we should be careful what we wish for, don't want to have to many on the road, I quite like driving something a little exclusive, every second car seems to be a BMW or Audi.

On a slightly different note, I was at a funeral last Fri. I caused quite a stir outside the church, car was much admired.

D

Have still not seen any model of the new IS in West Cumbria, besides mine that is, I really thought Lexus was onto a winner with this bold new design, it appears I was wrong.

D

A little perspective is need though. BMW sold nearly 45k 3 series in the UK in 2013 alone, another 41k 1 series models. TOTAL Lexus UK sales touched just 9k units. Your chances of seeing a Lexus on the road is low, full stop.

Neither does BMW, Audi or Mercedes. And £36k for the Luxury? Its more like £30k?

IS300h Luxury is £30995, if you add Nav (£1995) and Leather (£1400) and Met Paint (£610), you're up to £35k. Elec seats comes with the more expensive leather option, includes ventilation and heated seats. Its standard on the F-Sport (without memory, optional) and Premier models (memory std).

DJP

Maybe we should be careful what we wish for, don't want to have to many on the road, I quite like driving something a little exclusive, every second car seems to be a BMW or Audi.

On a slightly different note, I was at a funeral last Fri. I caused quite a stir outside the church, car was much admired.

D

Whilst I was driving my F-Sport demo last week, I did notice quite a few admiring, envious and interested glances. A lot were from drivers of Audi, BMW and Mercedes, lol!

Have still not seen any model of the new IS in West Cumbria, besides mine that is, I really thought Lexus was onto a winner with this bold new design, it appears I was wrong.

D

A little perspective is need though. BMW sold nearly 45k 3 series in the UK in 2013 alone, another 41k 1 series models. TOTAL Lexus UK sales touched just 9k units. Your chances of seeing a Lexus on the road is low, full stop.

IS300h Luxury is £30995, if you add Nav (£1995) and Leather (£1400) and Met Paint (£610), you're up to £35k. Elec seats comes with the more expensive leather option, includes ventilation and heated seats. Its standard on the F-Sport (without memory, optional) and Premier models (memory std).

Sticker price - no one pays sticker price do they? A 3k discount is worth mentioning + whatever freebies you get thrown in.

I only said it was £36K because that was the figure quoted on the insurance form. I still think it was an excellent car (auto gearbox was brilliant, so was the sports mode) and as I said a real head turner. However if I was paying £30K I would want electric seats and a few other toys. Lexus have always been known for providing a far higher "standard" spec car than Audi, Merc and BMW. Surely in this day and age electric seats are not such a luxury are they?

Shock Horror, saw my first IS 300H on the road yesterday !! M62 past Leeds if it was any of you guys? Had a bike rack on roof but no bikes. I'd say a platinum sort of colour.

Looked good anyway, I'm a month in from order and still no date for mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Its funny how you just don't notice things until you have a reason to - or maybe its not. If someone had asked me when I last saw a Lexus (before I got mine), I wouldn't have had a clue. However, since getting one, now I see them everywhere! And mostly in good condition I'm glad to say.

NWB

Did you see them in Cumbria?

I've not seen one in West Cumbria as yet.

D

Yes mate carlisle , cockermouth

Thanks NWB, I will have to keep my eyes peeled I'm often in Cockermouth.

D

NWB

Did you see them in Cumbria?

I've not seen one in West Cumbria as yet.

D

Yes mate carlisle , cockermouth

Thanks NWB, I will have to keep my eyes peeled I'm often in Cockermouth.

D

You may see the beast pass through too one day lol

Since this car has been released, I've seen only ONE (a sonic titanium Executive) on the roads.

As of today the situation has not changed and when driving around everybody look at my car wondering what kind of car is this.

It's funny because the day when I got the car, a week ago, I saw the same Executive IS parked in the dealer's garage for maintenance!

Here in Italy this car is very rare...but I'm ok with this as it means I'm driving an "exclusive" car.

Seemingly very common in the midlands then, though still not on the same level as a BMW/Audi/Merc. :driving:

Last week I saw 2 x White F-Sports on the M1 near Loughborough, another Grey Lux on the A50 outside Toyota plant, plus an Atlantic Blue Premier on the A50 also. Saw 2 x Fsports on the M6 south of Manchester. Today in Leicester spotted a Grey SE (small wheels) in the city center.

I've also seen quite a few on the M1 north of London. All have been either White, Black or shades of Grey. Only seen 2 x blue one's - the Premier on the A50 last week and another Premier one in a car park in Birmingham before Xmas, which had ivory interior - very nice.

Just seen my first one in West Cumbria today, F Sport in Ultra Blue, looked very nice indeed, tried to catch the drive's eye but it was a female so not a hope, probably thinking of shoes and handbags.

It was a local registration so I am not alone.

D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links