Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Price For Tank Of Fuel In 250

That isn't the right question. A big tank is useful. What matters is how far you can get on a gallon (or ten), to which I would answer about 35 mpg if mostly open road and about 25 mpg if mostly town and short journeys. I average about 30. On a long run in warm weather at about 70 mph then you might get 40 mpg (or 42 according to the display, which tends to be optimistic).

If you got yourself a more economical car (say a petrol motor that averages about 40 instead of about 30) then you might save yourxself about £600 a year doing average mileage. No big deal really.

But buy an auto, not a manual.

Hi have a Audi A4 2.0L TDI at the mo but i have just brought a IS 250 F Sport today and concerned that the 700 miles i go to work a week on the M1 is going to cost a bomb

Got rid of the Audi cos it has cost £5000 in repairs in the last 4 months so i want to go back to a Lexus as i had a IS 200 for 10 yrs and had problems with it so went back to what i know.

The IS250 is the way to go if you really want a Lexus IS 2nd Gen.

But at that mileage, a diesel (not a Lexus diesel) surely would have made more sense?

The way I look at it is this:

Lexus - servicing - every 12 months OR 10,000 miles - so that's about £7-800 p/year if you use the main agents over 30,000 or so miles you'll be doing, Audi will have been cheaper to service - probably about £500 p/year at the most due to the long life servicing schedule that you would have used

Fuel - it's going to get you about 500 miles per tank full give or take a few. I dare say in the Audi it was probably more like one fill a week?? So that's about £25-30 a week, or £100 a month or more on fuel - thats about £1200 extra on Petrol a year. It might not matter so much to start with - but you will start to feel it.

The road tax - the Lexus will cost you more - probably £100 p/year

and so on....

I appreciate that you had a bad Audi, and it cost you a lot, but the simple facts are that you were unlucky (or I and several I know have been very lucky - I had a BMW and an Audi that cost noting to run over 8 years - both diesels and covered about 90,000 miles between them)

The Lexus will be a safer bet on the reliability, and I'm not surprised that you have gone for a Lexus given your woes. Even the base IS250 is very well kitted out. So spec wise it will beat anything else out there for the money. It was one of the reasons I went for the GS250. My mileage has dropped off now, and I was really nervous about a diesel being tractored about around with lowish miles each week. DPF's, EGR's and all that.....

There is a break even point where one becomes more sensible than the other, and may be an after market warranty can help. But it's a tough call and I can see why you have it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links