Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starting Problem

Jeremy DW

I recently encountered a starting problem with my Feb 2012 CT200H. Pressed the brake and then the starter button - no result except for the intrument dials going haywire and all the warning lights being on. I had been parked for three quarters of and hour, window open and satnav/radio on but no lights. Tried several more times with no result. Couldn't push the car as the park assist was engaged. Eventually, closed tghe window and switched everything off, got out and locked the car. Moved away from the car to deactivate the proximity sensor in the key fob system. Remotely unlocked and got back in the car. Went through starting procedure again. Hey presto everything back to normal. No problem since. except car failed to start twice on 2 Mar. Took it to Lexus to fix the problem - see below.

Could you possibly have forgotten that you had switched off the ignition and used the stand by facility to operate the radio etc ?

If so you would have had to revert to the start up procedure again(which you did when you closed everything down and started the ignition sequence again)

Happy Motoring and enjoy the fine motor car!

Regards

John

The car was parked with auxiliary power on. I double pressed the start button to shut down the ignition as normal. THEN I lightly pressed the footbrake and pressed the starter button, showing green light, to no effect. Shut down again several times ( ignition completely off) before leaving the car and locking it. Unlocking again, fixed the problem also as advised by the recovery man who was summoned by Eurotunnel as I was holding up disembarkation of the train. UPDATE - Reported the fault to Lexus Canterbury; they requested the car to check it over, FOC. Two days before taking it to garage, car failed to start twice. Fault identified as a partially discharged hybrid pack coupled with a loose hybrid Battery connection in the boot recess. Problem seems to be fixed after Lexus recharged the Battery pack overnight and tightened the loose connection.

• Like 2

• 6 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links