Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New User :) Ls 460 Or 600 Ive Fallen In Love And Will Be Buying One So

Hello everyone I've been looking at the ls 460 for some time now and £15000 is in my price range so I think I'm going to treat my self to one, after having my e28 535I kinda from 1986 it will be passed on to my brother and I don't know weather to go for a 460 or 600 I like the sound of the hybrid and cheap tax and a boasted 35mpg ?? But are there any known problems to look out for or thing to expect as the norm?

The general this that people keep saying is that all they do is Change the oil ? But seen a few posts about flat Battery please if there is anything you can tell me it would help also is it true about the steering rack on early models failing ??

Thanks gio

Hi, Welcome to the club. It would seem you have been bitten by the Lexus big which happily is terminal.

There has been lots said about both models already so it might be worth trawling through the archives. I am an LS400 man so cant speak on the two models you are after but it wont be long before someone more knowledgeable than myself comes along to help.

Don't forget which ever one you buy we all love to see pictures. Mike

If you're going for a 460, get the SE-L version with all the toys, otherwise you'll be missing out. The only option left on the LS460 SE-L was the heated steering wheel (lovely but can do without it).

The pre-2010 LS600 didn't have Lane Keep Assist (my favourite feature from the 460) and has an even smaller boot (330 litres). If I was buying a LS600, I'd only go for one with the rear relaxation pack, but that leaves you stuck with only 4 seats.

I would be happy with either.

As Suman says, if you need the larger boot and don't spend too much time stuck in traffic, I would say opt for the 460. If you are undecided, then drive both and go with your heart. I have had Lexus cars since 2001 and I have yet to worry about reliability issues. Yes there are issues if one searches hard enough but having also run Mercedes cars I can honestly say Lexus has been far less stressful !

Have been running an RX400h since 2005, no Battery issues so far! Whats more there are more than a few Toyota Prius taxi cars out there with 300,000 miles on the clock.

• Like 1

Hello to everyone and thanks for the advice I've yet to drive one not to bothered about the boot really and I agree the heated steering wheel I would do with out I'd love the comfort pack in the back but it seems that they all have a high mileage but hey It looks superb without it any way, nice to hear someone say the Battery seem to last :)

How dose the warranty work is it transferable at all if it's a low mileage ??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links