Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Got Chance To Polish Her - Pics (Is200)

petayV8

we've finally had some dry days and Tuesday was perfect conditions for a car day :D

1. washed
2. dried
3. de tared
4. Polished
5. buffed lights plastics
6. cleaned fog lights
7. cleaned and polish alloys

8. Cleaned exhaust
9. gelled tyres
10. hoovered

11. Cleaned fabrics inc matts
12. Polished and treated leathers
13. wiped off with lemon leather wipes
14. detailed cleaned vents, shift selector etc
15. dash shined

DSC00686_zps833a1f19.jpg

DSC00687_zpsfa4764f9.jpg

DSC00691_zpsf3cabffa.jpg

DSC00694_zpse8a9c47d.jpg

DSC00697_zpsa49e84e9.jpg

DSC00705_zps1089fe4d.jpg

DSC00706_zps0005c3e4.jpg

DSC00711_zps045b3981.jpg

DSC00696_zps42266b46.jpg

DSC00698_zpsc9e7f7a7.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Pete - good work man. You sure have a fine example of an IS. Wish I had a black interior likes yours......it looks tops. What did you use on the headlights? They look mint!

Could you post a picture of the rear of your car? The spoiler you have looks just like the one I have ordered from eBay. Its my first time ordering something from eBay, so I hope it actually gets here to SA. *fingers crossed*

Pete, looking good. Can you come and do mine lol.... I have a lovely dent in the driverside front wing, scratched bonnet and bumper due the lovely storms back in December. Part of roof blew off. Doesn't matter how hard I polish, it aint buffing out, ha ha. Irony is that this time last year I had the passenger side wing and bumper repaired where someone had hit the car in a car park. You guessed it they did not leave any details. So frustrating when I see your cars how close I was to get mine to your standards and this dent has set me back.

Quick question, what is the difference between polish & wax? Which order should you use them?

Hey Pete - good work man. You sure have a fine example of an IS. Wish I had a black interior likes yours......it looks tops. What did you use on the headlights? They look mint!

Could you post a picture of the rear of your car? The spoiler you have looks just like the one I have ordered from eBay. Its my first time ordering something from eBay, so I hope it actually gets here to SA. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for your compliments. means alot. I actually wanted cream but if i was gonna swap it ide go for full leather and go all out.

After trying loooads of stuff on the lights since owning the car i finally find brasso works really well which i got advised on here. But ive really given them some elbow grease to get them good due to not having a buffer. The fog lights have been replaced therefore look clean. The rear lights were that good when i got the car. Brasso on the rear fogs works a treat too.

i actually have a thread i made here that you can see pics of my lip i bought

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/80646-lip-spoiler-on-ebay/page-2

I word of warning. not sure if i mention this in that thread but the first one they sent me is now somewhere rotting on the A5 somewhere! only lasted about 3 weeks. the adhesive they supply is rubbish! they sent me another kindly. but peel it off and get yourself some heavy duty trim weather resistant trim tape or similar, solved the problem for me and is still strong a year later

Brasso? wow - who would have thought! That stuff is available locally so I will pick some up sometime this week. Will give it a shot this weekend. Did you have to use a sealant after you used the Brasso or was that all you used?

Thanks for the link to the spoiler. Appreciate that. It looks really good on your car and is exactly the look I want for my car. The one I ordered though is black (unpainted). This is fine for me because my car is a custom colour and I would have to take the spoiler to my body shop to get it painted anyway.

Thanks for the word of warning - but I was just going to ask my body shop guy to stick it down using his own automotive tape......thats the stuff he used to stick down my door beadings after he resprayed my car....

Pete, looking good. Can you come and do mine lol.... I have a lovely dent in the driverside front wing, scratched bonnet and bumper due the lovely storms back in December. Part of roof blew off. Doesn't matter how hard I polish, it aint buffing out, ha ha. Irony is that this time last year I had the passenger side wing and bumper repaired where someone had hit the car in a car park. You guessed it they did not leave any details. So frustrating when I see your cars how close I was to get mine to your standards and this dent has set me back.

Quick question, what is the difference between polish & wax? Which order should you use them?

That is frustrating! sorry to hear that. a new bonnet shouldnt be hard to source but the wing will prob need looking at. have you heard of claying? thats a long process that may get out your scratch

mine isnt perfect but better than average ide say. but nothing a little money spent cant fix, just a few dings and rear bumper need properly touching up as the previous owner did a pretty poor job where someone scraped her. ive got a few scratches here and there too that wont buff out but for 14 years old im not complaining! and think its just stuff i notice more so lol

I just give her a gentle wash regularly and a polish every 3 months. I did used to wax but now just polish. wax is better at protecting your paint and covering up defects polish just gives a good shine as far as i know. if you did use both im pretty sure you'd use the wax first and then give that top coat of polish. there are many stages to a proper polish etc but it can get pricey and its hard to get silver to pop anyway. but dont polish too often

Brasso? wow - who would have thought! That stuff is available locally so I will pick some up sometime this week. Will give it a shot this weekend. Did you have to use a sealant after you used the Brasso or was that all you used?

Thanks for the link to the spoiler. Appreciate that. It looks really good on your car and is exactly the look I want for my car. The one I ordered though is black (unpainted). This is fine for me because my car is a custom colour and I would have to take the spoiler to my body shop to get it painted anyway.

Thanks for the word of warning - but I was just going to ask my body shop guy to stick it down using his own automotive tape......thats the stuff he used to stick down my door beadings after he resprayed my car....

yeah i know random! When i first got the car i was using SRP which to begin with had a great result but after a few weeks gave a hazy effect that someone else on here also discovered. So i started just using scratch and scuff remover which was ok to use on plastics which worked quite well too but now just use brasso. so maybe a combination of everything and just a general scrub and buff has got them looking quite good. oh and even used the old tooth paste trick lol. havent used a sealant, i used the wadding

Thanks Pete. What do you use on the plastics? What is the toothpaste trick? Never heard of that?

everyones heard of the tooth paste trick! lol here

• Like 1

I've tried the toothpaste trick - it helped a bit, but the results did not last long. I did notice that if you use a sealer after cleaning them, that they look good longer

Collinite 845 works a treat --> http://www.collinite.com/automotive-wax/insulator-wax/ I use it on my paint as well after polishing and glazing.

Going to get some Brasso this weekend to give Pete's advice a shot..........

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Pete. What do you use on the plastics? What is the toothpaste trick? Never heard of that?

everyones heard of the tooth paste trick! lol here

Would it be better if I got smokers toothpaste

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links