Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi folks,

Thinking of returning to the fold. Aristo is long gone, had a couple of fillers in between and the current audi will most likely sell this weekend.

There's a indie dealer with a ls430. Priced at £5200 no tax, in gun metal grey with grey interior. I've seen the car once but not driven it. I sat in it and all of the gizmos worked. Couple of things holding me back.

It's done 159,000 miles. 1 owner.

It has full lexus service history (all at same dealer), I called Hatfield lexus up and they confirmed they had the car in, so the stamps do add up. However there's no paper work regarding what work was carried out. Lexus wouldn't divulge this information due to data protection.

Another thing that bothers me is the indie dealer. I've had this car saved in my garage since December 2013, I know he's had it since then if not before. When I asked him how long he's had it he said a few weeks. This is a blatant lie.

Later when I checked the tax records it shows the tax expired in April 2013. So it has not been driven since then. It does has a valid mot until June 2014.

At that price I'm hesitant in case the air ride goes belly up. I do plan to install a asc680 controller. I wouldn't mind taking the risk if it was near £4000, as I would install aftermarket air suspension if the oem system failed.

I hate the cream interior so it must be grey or black. Not many about!!!!!

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks

Personally, if the trader hasn't been entirely honest at such an early stage and you obviously have doubts I'd leave well alone. There are good cars out there it's just a case of finding them.

Sorry, forgot to mention its a UCF31 54 plate facelift.

It's priced quite high. Autotrader recommend £3.5k for private sale.

I think I'll check it out again and try haggle the price down. It needs tax, a cambelt is due.

Thanks for the comments.

Can't see any reason why the Lexus servicing main dealer wouldn't provide the usual printout of the Lexus service history to the present owner !

This is usual................. and it's comprehensive too....... and will show you exactly what's been done and when.

Malc

Lexus have said I need the previous owners permission before they will tell me what has been carried out.

I asked if I became the owner, will they be able to tell me and the answer was still no.

That seems dopey to me !!! Why not contact Andy Cross, ACLex on here, our parts guru at Lexus Poole ( the parts manager there ) and ask him if he can help !

Presumably you have the car registration number

Malc

Shake, seems like the Data Protection Act is being used as a convenient smokescreen for hiding legitimate information, but at least you know it has FSH. Also, try to knock off at least a grand off the price because of the pending timing belt/waterpump replacement. Remind him just how expensive that is, plus, it also needs tax. If he won't budge, walk away. There WILL be another LS430 to look at on Gumtree, Autotrader, etc. I walked away once, the salesman changed his tune and I ended up with a reasonable deal.

The indie dealer doesnt know youv'e been watching the car , put yourself in their position , would you admit to having had a car sat about for a few months,,,,? Lexus Hatfield took in a 600h '09 from ( i think from Lexus Stoke ) and put it up for £30,950 it had been £28,950 at the other dealer ...they are all car dealers at the end if the day . If you don't feel comfortable about it find another as there are loads of 430's for sale ...the lack of paperwork could be as simple as submitting it to an accountant for tax purposes as I

do ( although I photocopy mine ) , and it shouldn't be due a cambelt for another 40,000 miles ( every 100,000 )

Reason it's still there is it's overpriced, I assume the car will have 12 months MOT on purchase not 4.

Does it look like it's been stood 10 months? Are the brake discs clean or all rusted up? Moss forming on the window seals? Leaves and other debris around the wiper arms?

Ask to see the V5C,make a mental note of the previous owner details then contact them.

Has it been on sale only at this dealer,they do have a habit of shifting slow moving stock around to freshen up the forecourt.

Soooo the audi is gone and I'm itching to see cars!!!

Can anyone confirm what lights should work and when? I've seen videos of US cars and they all light up and then some more when they brake.

I'm thinking the EU ones are not the same? Only bottom row light up with side lights and top row on brakes?

2005-lexus-ls-430-4-door-sedan-tail-ligh

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links